Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: Authoring dvd-audio w/ wavelab5.0a  (Read 2224 times)

Offline NewHomebrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Authoring dvd-audio w/ wavelab5.0a
« on: August 16, 2005, 04:52:04 AM »
Ok, this is really great info.  I have been struggling with these same questions all night.  I have a hard time understanding the montage editor, I don't see why it's needed.  But whatever.

My real question is twofold:

-must I cut the entire concert into individual wavs for each song if I want separate tracks
-if so, what is the recommended method to cut down the long wav to songs, to avoid gaps?  does it matter?

Anyway, big thanks for getting me started, I may yet figure this thing out.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:37:14 AM »
there is a program called cdwave that will split tracks very easily. you can also do it in wavelab. there is a post on how to do it about 10 posts down from here. it is so easy to burn a dvd-a in wl5. if you cant figure it out, id be happy to walk you through it. fwiw i used to skip tracking my 24 bit masters and just burn one long wav cause it was faster and my dvd-a player allows me to pick up where i left off even if it turns off if that makes sense.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline NewHomebrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:48:14 PM »
there is a program called cdwave that will split tracks very easily. you can also do it in wavelab. there is a post on how to do it about 10 posts down from here. it is so easy to burn a dvd-a in wl5. if you cant figure it out, id be happy to walk you through it. fwiw i used to skip tracking my 24 bit masters and just burn one long wav cause it was faster and my dvd-a player allows me to pick up where i left off even if it turns off if that makes sense.

Thanks, Lt.  (I'm saluting).

I was trying to add my post to the end of your wavelab DVD-A thread, I found it really helpful.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=22433.0

Maybe the moderator can move this one to the end of that thread, somehow I screwed up.

Thanks for answering my question and offering to help.  So if you want to have individual songs, then you need to break up your wav before you start to author it sounds like?  I wanted to check first if there was a special method needed to avoid gaps, but I guess there is not.  Could you use the DVD-A index marker function in the audio montage to index songs in a long wav file?

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 04:09:12 PM »
Set the default pre gap at 0 secs in WL. This will eliminate your gaps. Go back and look at the link that you just posted. It goes over this, you may have just missed it.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com