Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DMIC vs. UA-5?  (Read 5592 times)

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
DMIC vs. UA-5?
« on: August 18, 2003, 11:26:21 AM »
Anyone done a comparison? I know it's all relative to what you like personally but I can't believe how popular the UA-5 has become over the past 4-6 months... it's unbelievable considering you can get a used DMIC for around $400 and the UA-5 costs around $500 with all the mods you have to get for it to sound right. I guess it all depends on what mics you're running but IMO the DMIC sounds much more full and clean than the UA-5. The DMIC sounds incredible with my Jim Williams modified AKG 460's... I've made some of the best tapes I've ever heard over the past 4-6 months using that combo. The DMIC seems to record the music that's actually there without adding too much or taking too much away. It just makes a really nice sounding recording, albeit a little less bassy than some people enjoy. I've got sample's if anyone is interested. You can download my Garage a Trois set from here: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=6427 For the price, and in the right venue, I would run this rig next to many rigs that cost 2-3 times as much and be willing to bet I get a better sound. By the way.... any AKG 460 owners out there thinking about the J.W. mod should go for it. It's added amazing sharpness and clarity to my recordings. Anyone want to buy a DMIC-20? :)
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com