Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Brickwalling on DAP1  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Brickwalling on DAP1
« on: November 06, 2003, 03:47:45 PM »
So, lastnight @ moe. I brickwalled the whole first set. If Im running mics > DAP1, should I be running the pad most of the time??? How do I know when I should run it??? THANKS!

radioboy1977

Re:Brickwalling on DAP1
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 03:55:07 PM »
are you saying that you ran your mics directly into the P1?  if so, i think that's generally considered a bad idea when using a P1 that hasn't been modified which, to the best of my knowledge, the one you're running hasn't.  it has something do do with a crappy pre-amp in the P1.  i'll take the blame for this one because i don't remember telling you not to use the P1 as a preamp.  sorry about that, alex.  you can kick me in the nuts at ratdog tomorrow night for not telling you :o

radioboy1977

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 03:55:25 PM »
are you saying that you ran your mics directly into the P1?  if so, i think that's generally considered a bad idea when using a P1 that hasn't been modified which, to the best of my knowledge, the one you're running hasn't.  it has something do do with a crappy pre-amp in the P1.  i'll take the blame for this one because i don't remember telling you not to use the P1 as a preamp.  sorry about that, alex.  you can kick me in the nuts at ratdog tomorrow night for not telling you :o

radioboy1977

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 03:55:58 PM »
how the hell did that happen ???

Offline Swampy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 03:59:35 PM »
I really didnt want to run right into the P1, but I made a post tuesday asking how to make 1/4 > XLR cables to go into the P1 because the rcas were giving me problems, and everyone was like "run mics straight into P1." They said somthing about it being bad to run through 2 pres and I was like, fuck it, Ill just run right into the d1. Oh well... Im deffinatly gonna run Mixpad > p1 for ratdog...

radioboy1977

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 04:05:23 PM »
i'm pretty sure rat shack sells XLR to 1/4 adapters.  i have a pair of XLR to 1/4 adapters, but they have female XLR connectors.  if i'm not mistaken, you need male for the P1?  i have a bunch of different adapters in my "audio tacklebox," though, so if you want to meet up before ratdog and see if i have anything that works, let me know.

Offline Swampy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 04:06:22 PM »
i'm pretty sure rat shack sells XLR to 1/4 adapters.  i have a pair of XLR to 1/4 adapters, but they have female XLR connectors.  if i'm not mistaken, you need male for the P1?  i have a bunch of different adapters in my "audio tacklebox," though, so if you want to meet up before ratdog and see if i have anything that works, let me know.

I made a pair so I should be good. Thanks for the offer Jef!

radioboy1977

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 04:10:55 PM »
cool!  by the way, i finally got my car back today.  you wanna hear something funny?  the fan STILL doesn't work!  they guy said he could never get the fan not to work for him!  i think i need to find a new mechanic.

Offline Swampy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 04:12:34 PM »
hehe. Ya, maybe its time for a new mechanic... ;)

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 02:18:20 PM »
I had brickwalling running my Nak300's straight to DA-P1. I ended up using the 20db pad on the deck AND the 10db pad on the mics to bring it down enough to where it didnt brickwall.
-Jim

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
sounds like you need some attenuators alex

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com