Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SoundField SPS200  (Read 42205 times)

J.T.L

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SoundField SPS200
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
Huh...

...here's to hoping it's the one on the right for the body but the angles look more correct on the left one. Maybe it's the pic...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:29:25 PM by J.T.L »

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »
B&K 4011's for caps! That thing looks yummy... >:D

Yes it does.... I would love to hear some samples of that.
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline boojum

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »
I like the tiny footprint and ease of use.  I was working with the Schoeps DMS for a few pulls but have not gotten it to work.  I am posting a clip of how they can manipulate three mics with this plugin or their hardware ($$$).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:33:26 PM by boojum »
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »
...here's to hoping it's the one on the right for the body but the angles look more correct on the left one. Maybe it's the pic...
The most recent prototype is the left one. When the first prototype picture was released, everyone on the Sursound mailing list commented on the wrong angles...

- Daniel

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:28 AM »
I was working with the Schoeps DMS for a few pulls but have not gotten it to work.  I am posting a clip of how they can manipulate three mics with this plugin or their hardware ($$$).

I made sort of a copy of the Schoeps DMS plug-in, but for Mac OS X since the Schoeps VST is Windows only.
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/dms2five.html

- Daniel

J.T.L

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »
I was working with the Schoeps DMS for a few pulls but have not gotten it to work.  I am posting a clip of how they can manipulate three mics with this plugin or their hardware ($$$).

I made sort of a copy of the Schoeps DMS plug-in, but for Mac OS X since the Schoeps VST is Windows only.

- Daniel

Big plus-tee for you!

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

- Daniel

Daniel I was wondering about if you charge anything for your plugins? I don't see any prices mentioned.

The H2 plugin is quite an interesting idea too.
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
Daniel I was wondering about if you charge anything for your plugins? I don't see any prices mentioned.
The H2 plugin is quite an interesting idea too.

For numerous reasons, ranging from internal university politics to the level of customer support made (im)possible when using a software like SonicBirth (the plug-in authoring app), I prefer for the plug-ins to remain free. So, download and enjoy!

Thanks for the H2 plug-in comment: from the webpage hits statistics, I believe that the Zoom2Five is my biggest success!

- Daniel

Offline fotoralf.be

• Taperssection Regular
    • fotoralf.be
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »
I believe that the Zoom2Five is my biggest success!

That plug-in alone should earn you a prize, Daniel! Bravo, et un grand merci également de ma part !

Ralf
Photography and industrial audioscapes from Western Europe. - Sound examples: http://aporee.org/maps/projects/fotoralf - Blog (German): http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
That plug-in alone should earn you a prize, Daniel! Bravo, et un grand merci également de ma part !

Thanks for the comment!

I saw on rec.audio.pro and 2090.org that you're successfully using the Zoom2Five in conjunction with TwistedWave. I was thinking of maybe adding a rotation control in the Zoom2Five to complement the Front/Back and Left/Right flip controls: would you find that useful?

Since your French seems to be in good shape, you should follow the TwistedWave thread on SoundDesigners.org: you would have access to the latest version and could suggest additions to the software directly to the author. http://www.sounddesigners.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4521

- Daniel

Offline fotoralf.be

• Taperssection Regular
    • fotoralf.be
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 02:40:16 PM »
I saw on rec.audio.pro and 2090.org that you're successfully using the Zoom2Five in conjunction with TwistedWave.

At last, after weeks of crashes each time I tried to save my work. Took a little prodding but was solved eventually and now I'm a happy camper. :-)

I was thinking of maybe adding a rotation control in the Zoom2Five to complement the Front/Back and Left/Right flip controls: would you find that useful?

I haven't had the need for this so far but there might well be situations where this could be of great help. So, yes, it would be welcome.

TwistedWave thread on SoundDesigners.org...

Funny you should mention this. Incidentally, I've just registered myself there a few days ago. Not so much because of TwistedWave but rather as a French-speaking forum. I'll have a look at the TwistedWave forum over there, right after posting this message.

A+
Ralf
Photography and industrial audioscapes from Western Europe. - Sound examples: http://aporee.org/maps/projects/fotoralf - Blog (German): http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

Offline boojum

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »

- Daniel

I am unworthy.  I was a code monkey for years but never did any of this kind of stuff.  Hats off to you/Chapeau!
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 10:23:28 PM »
I am unworthy.  I was a code monkey for years but never did any of this kind of stuff.  Hats off to you/Chapeau!
Thanks for the compliment, but I feel I must share it with an other Montreal native, the SonicBirth programmer. Creating plug-ins in SonicBirth is "fairly easy" and this guy, Antoine Missout, made it all possible. Last November, he was kind enough to invite me at his place so we could debug SonicBirth together to make the VSTs work in Nuendo 4 and Cubase 4.

Add Plogue Bidule to the mix of audio software out of this town and I say "Vive la Montreal French Connection!"

- Daniel

Offline Kewl

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Ambisonic Studio
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
Back to the topic...

The SPS200 is officially available.

- Daniel

J.T.L

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
Yeah, Ive been hammering TransAudio with calls on a weekly basis and yesterday I was told..."They (SF) say two weeks, two weeks...we don't know if they'll ever get here."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com