Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Avantone CK-1  (Read 35108 times)

Offline evilchris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Audio, ergo sum.
    • dimwell.net
Re: Avantone CK-1
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 04:21:56 PM »
Re-offer your release price of $99 to ts members & watch the sales fly

Hell ... for $200, I might grab a pair and put 'em on the shelf until I can score a decent preamp.
nothing > nada > R-09

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »
I have a ck-1 unused...still sitting in the box (opened only to look at it).

99 bucks takes it.  I'll eat the shipping and paypal

Hey man,
I'll take that off your hands...
I'd like to check one of these out for myself!
I'll send you a PM.
 ;D
/james

Offline tenesejedd

• Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 01:11:28 AM »
Here's a sample of the Nickel Creek set from Wanee 2007.

The CK1 omni's are split about 15 feet at 8feet up, about 40 feet from the stage/center.

It's @ 240k lame mp3 compressed, about 1:50 sample.  It's amazing to my ears.

Please remember that NC does not allow for electronic posting of their music, so that's why I made it a short sample.  I will only leave it up for a few days.

Split Omni CK1 sample

Picture shows where I was from the stage.

you need to change your tag line to Avantone CK-1s; tested and passed with flying colors
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline majormidi

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Glen -National Sales Manager - Avant Electronics
    • Avant Electronics
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 12:25:34 PM »
Beautiful recording! 

Offline rdflash

• Needs to get out more...
  • I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 01:29:50 PM »
Glen,

I was just wondering and thinking of something that seems such an easy thing for your company to do to help you guys and the tapers here...

I noticed that you do not sell your product on your website, but rather through audio vendors (from looking at your page several times and not finding how to buy it on there).

Why dont you offer reduced prices for member here at TS.com - Which would cut out some of the middle-man markup.

Thus, making more profit for your company and reducing financial cost for the tapers.

Seems win/win to me, but I do not know how feasible/simple it is for you if you outsource various functions of your company.

-jon
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 01:55:44 PM »
Glen,

I was just wondering and thinking of something that seems such an easy thing for your company to do to help you guys and the tapers here...

I noticed that you do not sell your product on your website, but rather through audio vendors (from looking at your page several times and not finding how to buy it on there).

Why dont you offer reduced prices for member here at TS.com - Which would cut out some of the middle-man markup.

Thus, making more profit for your company and reducing financial cost for the tapers.

Seems win/win to me, but I do not know how feasible/simple it is for you if you outsource various functions of your company.

-jon

Offering a pair in the "Gear Loaner" section could be a good idea too!

Roving Sign

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »
Glen,

-jon

There you go again... ::)

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
agreed ^^

price is right.
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Roving Sign

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
if you guys cant afford to pay a measly $300 for a pair of brand new ck-1s with three sets of caps then you should think about buying something else.  instead, y'all are trying to haggle with the man who put in all the work to make them available at such an affordable price when you should be thanking him for making them so affordable.  $300 is already super cheap and if you want the company to stay around buy the mics at the current price point.

Fuggin' A - What he said ^^^^^

Worth every penny!!!

And seriously - I see Sweetwater carries the Avantone Mixcubes...I'll take Sweetwater as my middleman anyday!!!

Offline mrsoul

• Let 'er rip!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Spare some change and testify!
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »
Second that emotion.  I would pay $300 again if I had to...  Great mics.

Now, anybody want a set of AT853s with hyper/card/subcard, windscreens, T bar and directional mounts, AT phantom adapters??...
Gotta get some money for that multi-pattern mic Avantone (CK-40) is working on for us  >:D
It seems to me what you lose in mystery, you gain in awe.  Sir Francis Crick

Offline rdflash

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
Sorry, but the eliminating the middle man would definately help Glen and somebody like a poor taper.  Even if it does not help a taper - it is putting more money in Glen's pocket - which is a benefit to him...not hagglin' the guy on the price - I probably wont purchase new mics anytime soon...just was trying to help Glen out and others...sorry for being thoughtful!

Just a suggestion - sorry for thinking outside the box.

I love when people like you rovingsign sip haterade...

Offline blindman

• Taperssection Regular
  • Ut!
    • Taper Stuff @ Fecundswamp
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »
Glen,

-jon

Don't get too ruffled if Glen doesn't jump on this. Avantone might work the same way I do... I don't sell to end users because I sell only through established Pipe/Valve/Fitting distributors. I will not quote or sell to end users, OEM's, Fab Shops, etc because I protect my distributors. I will ship direct for my distributors, so they have confidence that even if the end user knows it is shipping from my warehouse, I won't turn around and take the customer away on the next sale. Not all companies work this way, every business is different... AND I am not saying that Avantone works this way, just pointing out a possible and legitimate reason they might not want or be able to sell direct to us... or anyone for that matter.

but it sure would be sweet if they could.
Then: Nakamichi CM300/CP-1/2/4 + Soundboard -> Audio-Technica AT4462 -> Sony TC-D5M
Now: Avantone CK-40 + Avantone CK-1 (Busman MOD) -> BusR4 (T+NF Mods)
Backup/Stealth: Sennheiser MKE > CA-9100 > Tascam DR2D

Roving Sign

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
Sorry, but the eliminating the middle man would definately help Glen and somebody like a poor taper.  Even if it does not help a taper - it is putting more money in Glen's pocket - which is a benefit to him...not hagglin' the guy on the price - I probably wont purchase new mics anytime soon...just was trying to help Glen out and others...sorry for being thoughtful!

Just a suggestion - sorry for thinking outside the box.

I love when people like you rovingsign sip haterade...

Go Away!!!

Offline rdflash

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
Glen,

-jon

Don't get too ruffled if Glen doesn't jump on this. Avantone might work the same way I do... I don't sell to end users because I sell only through established Pipe/Valve/Fitting distributors. I will not quote or sell to end users, OEM's, Fab Shops, etc because I protect my distributors. I will ship direct for my distributors, so they have confidence that even if the end user knows it is shipping from my warehouse, I won't turn around and take the customer away on the next sale. Not all companies work this way, every business is different... AND I am not saying that Avantone works this way, just pointing out a possible and legitimate reason they might not want or be able to sell direct to us... or anyone for that matter.

but it sure would be sweet if they could.

I would offer online purchasing power on their website...but, then again I do not own the business ;)

Offline blindman

• Taperssection Regular
  • Ut!
    • Taper Stuff @ Fecundswamp
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 11:08:47 PM »
I would offer online purchasing power on their website...but, then again I do not own the business ;)

Think of it this way... if they did, we might end up paying the same price or maybe more for the mics... The added cost of creating the staff and resources needed to sell direct would defeat the purpose... music stores and websites are already set up to sell direct to customers.

Also, if I owned a music store and I had to compete against my own supplier, what would my motivation be to carry that manufacturer's product?
Then: Nakamichi CM300/CP-1/2/4 + Soundboard -> Audio-Technica AT4462 -> Sony TC-D5M
Now: Avantone CK-40 + Avantone CK-1 (Busman MOD) -> BusR4 (T+NF Mods)
Backup/Stealth: Sennheiser MKE > CA-9100 > Tascam DR2D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com