Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My V3 thoughts  (Read 5981 times)

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
My V3 thoughts
« on: March 28, 2003, 10:45:48 PM »
Ran the 481>148>V3 last night for the first time. I can say without a doubt the V3 is the one for me. I never really cared much for the 481's up close, they tend to be a little boomy but the V3 really tamed them. It definately (to my ears) rolls off the bottom end slightly. Hence my feelings of something missing with the 483>V3 experiment from Nola last year but the highs are amazing. I really liked running it & have no problem getting rid of my MMe now.  It sounds very transparent & nuetral unlike the MMe which has a tendency to "warm" things up a little & slightly exagerate the lower end. I think lately my constant drive for neutral recordings with minimal coloration has pushed me towards the V3 but this box is a keeper. I did change the internal jumpers for -20 but I really don't know if it's necessary with the 148, I will continue testing before I make up my mind on that one.
carl
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com