Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 720p 59.97fps AVCHD Lite to BD using Vegas and Architech without reencode...  (Read 6244 times)

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
How can I use a 720p 59.97fps AVCHD Lite file to BD using Vegas and Architech without reencode and maximizing bit rate?

It certainly needs editing so no chance of direct to BD, I have been able to export to avc file without Architech reencoding it, but even exporting at 21k bit rate, it seems to max out around 14k. Is that the best I can do? The Panasonic ZS3 seems to record around 17-18kbit and I would like to maintain the bit rate or at least stay close.

I have no issues with my Sony HX9V files at 1080p, its just my older shows that I did with the ZS3 that are giving me issues. Someone on here said they had figured it out, and I PMed them but no reply.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Online guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
What settings are you using when you go to output the file in Vegas?
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
I've tried a bunch. All want to re-encode except the avc one, and that seemed to max out around 14k bitrate even when I selected 21,996,000 or whatever it's max is.

Edited to add: all the settings are 720p, I figured I shouldn't upscale to 1080p. I've tried both 59.97 GPS settings, 29.97 and 30 fops as well. Mp4 both Main Concepts, and Sony.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:50:14 AM by Chrisedge »
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
I've tried a bunch. All want to re-encode except the avc one, and that seemed to max out around 14k bitrate even when I selected 21,996,000 or whatever it's max is.

Edited to add: all the settings are 720p, I figured I shouldn't upscale to 1080p. I've tried both 59.97 GPS settings, 29.97 and 30 fops as well. Mp4 both Main Concepts, and Sony.

When you use AVC with no re-encoding you can't increase the bitrate to a higher amount than was initially used which would seem to be 14 on your file.Your camera recorded at that bitrate so that's the best you can get.Even though your camera says it may record at 17 or 18 or even 24 or 28 this is not a constant bit rate and the camera will only use what is neccessary which is usuualy around 15,only very busy scenery may require more bits.If you want to record with a higher bit rate i think a Nanoflash or similar Atomos Ninja would be the next logical step.

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
It is re-encoding though. And the original file would be close to 16gb for 2h4min (with lossy audio) yet this is around 14gbs no audio for 2h17min. I guess I should test the original mts file and see what the bitrate actually says.

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
to the best of my knowledge you cannot losslessly reencode mts or acvhd files like you can for DV or HDV files. 

I am pretty sure BR doesn't support 720p60 files so you might was well uprez to 1080i60

and also BR is a dead format ;)

M
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
I don't expect no re-encoding from the original files. But I only want to re-encode once (basically the Vegas output). BD can certainly support 720p, I just want the highest bitrate I can get out of Vegas, and NOT have Architect re-encode it again. I am not getting the maximum file size out of Vegas that Architect won't re-encode.

And BD is great as a distribution format since not everyone has a media player, or wants to hook their laptops to big screens. I personally use a Apple TV and stream everything, but its nice to have a disc with the highest quality too.

Online guitard

I just want the highest bitrate I can get out of Vegas, and NOT have Architect re-encode it again.

Architect seems to have a mind of its own ... sometimes it wants to re-encode ... and sometimes it doesn't ... even when you use the exact same kinds of source files, encode to the same kind of file type at the same bitrates, etc., etc.

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

You can check optimize disc in architect to see if your file has a green check meaning it will not recompress.Just do small renders of diff settings to see which architect will leave alone.

Offline beatkilla

I just checked.for me it only works if i alter in the main concept dropdown-HDV 1080,custom tab Output type:mpeg-2.width 1280.height 720.framerate 59.940 .level :high.  Field order:none .dont change anything else except in the audio tab Do NOT include audio.very important to note that in the video tab if  you alter the video quality slider at all it will not be compliant and the same for the bitrate.rename and save the template with the floppy disc icon.

Online guitard

I just checked.for me it only works if i alter in the main concept dropdown-HDV 1080,custom tab Output type:mpeg-2.width 1280.height 720.framerate 59.940 .level :high.  Field order:none .dont change anything else except in the audio tab Do NOT include audio.very important to note that in the video tab if  you alter the video quality slider at all it will not be compliant and the same for the bitrate.rename and save the template with the floppy disc icon.

If I understand you correctly - you're saying, if the quality slider is in the middle at 15 (which I think is fairly common), don't slide it out to 31?

Offline beatkilla

Yes if you change it at all the file will need to re render in Architect.

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
What kind of bitrate is that at?

Online guitard

What kind of bitrate is that at?

It's actually separate from the bitrate settings and seemingly unrelated to them.  I've never really understood what it was for; and have only assumed that sliding it out to 31 when it was originally at 15 might make for a higher quality video output.

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member

I was able to export using these settings, at 21k bps and import into Architect without it wanting to re-encode! Thank you! I can start doing all my older stuff on Blu now.

-chris

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com