Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: flac uploading issue  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
flac uploading issue
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
I am trying to send a pair of flac files via e-mail, my e-mail message says I can attach files up to 25MB, files are 299MB. How does one send flac files via e-mail? Bob
Melanie and Bob

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: flac uploading issue
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »
Just upload to wetransfer and send the link via email. Wetransfer also allows you to have them send the notice to email addresses and then get notification of downloads. It’s a great free service, but the links are only good for like a week. For longer term storage to send or store, mega.nz is my goto site. 50 gb free storage, creates links to copy and send to others via email or post to webpages, bbs.

For small size files, sendspace is also a good option. Longer storage than wetransfer, but not as long as mega, and uploads limited to 300 mb.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:10:04 AM by ilduclo »

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »
Well, I've followed what they said to do, at this point I followed prompts, loaded files, entered addresses, but rather then allowing me to "transfer" it sends me to a sign-up for paying. What's the deal? Bob
Melanie and Bob

ilduclo

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 10:35:29 AM »
They do also offer paid service, but this, I believe, should get you a free upload. I’m on an iPad right now, but pm me and I can walk you thru it with screen captures, links, etc

https://wetransfer.com/upload

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
I use wetransfer, for free, all the time to send files to people. You do not need an account
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

ilduclo

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:57 AM »
^ yeah, that link works, just tested it. PM me if you have further issues with it. always glad to help. :cheers:

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 10:42:52 AM »
I went back and clicked on LINK instead o e-mail and it started "tranferring" . I'm not sure of the deal, but I guess it will send a link to the e-mail destination and he'll have to click on it to get the files. Am I right? Bob P.S. Thanks for help to you both, I'm a babe in the woods at this. Maybe becoming more adept at this will inspire me to upload to L.M.A. since some artists we record have no issues with their music being posted. And it says it will take another 5 hours to complete, is this normal time-wise?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:44:55 AM by Melanie »
Melanie and Bob

Offline live2cd

• Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 11:05:31 AM »
generally if you are uploading 2 files at 299mb apiece (roughly 600 megs), the upload should only take you 30-40 minutes or so dependent upon your internet upload speed.

go to speedtest.net and see what your upload is.
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
It says 63.225.179.36. I don't know if that's slow or what, but I am looking at 7 hours still. Difficulties like this are what makes me say "fuc* this shi*. Old school is a fuc*of a lot easier. Bob
Melanie and Bob

ilduclo

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
7 hours is a lot of time. Definitely something wrong.

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »
Well, if I don't find a solution (other then mailing discs) soon I 'll just give up as I really don't need to spend hours trying to figure it out. I appreciate the attempted help, though. bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 11:56:49 AM »
It says 63.225.179.36. I don't know if that's slow or what

That's your IP not your speed!  Do you have cable or dsl? uverse?
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »
We have dsl. bob P.s. Melanie says we have "average" speed, we don't download movies or anything, we have Norton anti-virus
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 12:15:42 PM by Melanie »
Melanie and Bob

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 12:21:07 PM »
After going back to speedtest it says there was a problem poss. related to a firewall, this could be my issue. It wouldn't let me do the test. I'm going to have to wait 'till Melanie gets home before I attempt to do this without Norton being enabled. Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 12:23:45 PM »
With Norton, you may have to add an "exception" for the site you want to upload to, Bob.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com