Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church transformer based pre  (Read 84722 times)

Offline zeus163

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Church transformer based pre
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2009, 02:22:35 AM »
I've been thinking of emailing Chris and asking if his 9100 could be modded to work with the Nevaton MCE 400's. I recently picked up a pair and am running them with the PS-2, but the PS-2/Nevaton combo is a bit bulky especially since I have to run an external battery pack for the PS-2 since it seems to drain a 9V dry in about 90 minutes (much too quickly for me and the scenes I tape in). So, I'm reading this post with much more interest now that I've found it as this new pre (for stealth guys) could be exactly what I'm looking for. I just hope it comes out sooner than later!

The waiting game begins....I'd have to wait 9 months for an Aerco MP-2 if I went that route, so what's another 9 months to see if this one becomes available?

Fingers crossed...
Kangol wearing fool...

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »
I've been thinking of emailing Chris and asking if his 9100 could be modded to work with the Nevaton MCE 400's. I recently picked up a pair and am running them with the PS-2, but the PS-2/Nevaton combo is a bit bulky especially since I have to run an external battery pack for the PS-2 since it seems to drain a 9V dry in about 90 minutes (much too quickly for me and the scenes I tape in). So, I'm reading this post with much more interest now that I've found it as this new pre (for stealth guys) could be exactly what I'm looking for. I just hope it comes out sooner than later!

The waiting game begins....I'd have to wait 9 months for an Aerco MP-2 if I went that route, so what's another 9 months to see if this one becomes available?

Fingers crossed...

I would think they can be modified if they are an electret capsule and I assume they are they most likely operate from 4-10 volts.. if so that should not be a problem for a 9100 I do believe the wires are "hard wired" into the xlr phantom adaptors I could put a connector between them so that the mics could still be used with the phantom adaptors when needed. Again I would need to see the mics to know for sure.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline zeus163

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »

Fingers crossed...

I would think they can be modified if they are an electret capsule and I assume they are they most likely operate from 4-10 volts.. if so that should not be a problem for a 9100 I do believe the wires are "hard wired" into the xlr phantom adaptors I could put a connector between them so that the mics could still be used with the phantom adaptors when needed. Again I would need to see the mics to know for sure.

Chris

OK. It sounds like I would need to send the mics to you. So, I'll send you a PM with details and stuff.
I'll still be following the preamp discussions, but I might have to look into Chris's idea here.
Kangol wearing fool...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com