Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Dual XLR > 1/8" mini plug?

(1/6) > >>

jagraham:
Anyone use this setup? I have recently been running my Naks and Teacs to two separate XLRs with a stereo L/R > 1/8" mini. I'm needing a new set in order to run both sets of mics at once. Looking for something with fewer parts to keep track of and wondering what others use for this.

In particular, has anyone used the following? Looks like it is for hooking up your mp3 player to a system with XLR inputs, but I see no reason it would not work for mics > recorder.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/748826-REG/Sescom_SES_IPOD_XLRM10_SES_IPOD_XLRM10_3_5mm_Stereo_to.html

adrianf74:

--- Quote from: jagraham on May 04, 2014, 08:29:59 AM ---Anyone use this setup? I have recently been running my Naks and Teacs to two separate XLRs with a stereo L/R > 1/8" mini. I'm needing a new set in order to run both sets of mics at once. Looking for something with fewer parts to keep track of and wondering what others use for this.

In particular, has anyone used the following? Looks like it is for hooking up your mp3 player to a system with XLR inputs, but I see no reason it would not work for mics > recorder.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/748826-REG/Sescom_SES_IPOD_XLRM10_SES_IPOD_XLRM10_3_5mm_Stereo_to.html

--- End quote ---

It'll work just fine.  (Really should've had that first cup of coffee before replying to emails).   That cable will work fine for soundboard outputs to 1/8" but, as mentioned, you'll need the other ends for mics.    Regardless, the cables are clearner than running adaptors and the like.

I'd drop Darktrain or Ted a line as I'm sure they can build a better cable for you (techflexed, even) for around the same price.

flipp:

--- Quote from: jagraham on May 04, 2014, 08:29:59 AM ---
 Looks like it is for hooking up your mp3 player to a system with XLR inputs, but I see no reason it would not work for mics > recorder.

--- End quote ---

That particular cable won't work for mics > recorder unless your mics have female XLRs, which I've never seen but then there is a lot I've never seen.

< eta dual female XLR > stereo 1/8" mini will work just fine; way back when I used to run Nak 100s > dual female XLR>stereo 1/8" mini > D7 or JB3 without any problems >

lsd2525:
I picked up a 2 female XLR>1/8" cable at the local Sam Ash store. Only about 12" long; they may have had longer. I just use a 10' female to male 1/8" extension cable when need be. Got it to take the output from two AT battery boxes (one for each mic) to a M10; works great on a soundboard too

cavekelly:
Ted made me this exact cable that I use to run Nak 300s directly into a M10.  3 feet long with 1 feet of techflex to the 1/8 connector.  Right angle XLRs.  Perfect for my onstage jazz recordings I am predominantly doing.  Can use regular XLR cables to extend for open gigs.  AWESOME build quality and reasonable price.  HIGHLY recommend this route. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version