Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Techflexing Schoeps KC5 Cables

(1/2) > >>

dactylus:
For those of you that have techflexed Schoeps KC5 cables can you tell me if this size techflex will work for a pair of KC5 active cables? 

.25 Techflex Petco (Techflex PTN0.25) worked great for a pair of Milab VM44-Link cables but the KC5 cables are a larger diameter than the Milab cables.

.38 Techflex Petco (Techflex PTNO.38) is the next largest size available for this type of techflex:  https://www.techflex.com/prod_pet.asp

Naiant produced a pair of 60V Schoeps KC5 PFA's for me and I want to use it with the KC5 cables that I picked up.  I want to remove the CMC6 ends of the KC5's and replace those "amplifier body connector ends" with 3 pin, mini-xlr connectors that will attach to the Naiant PFA. 

I will retain the CMC6 connectors for future use if ever pick up a set of CMC6 bodies and want to utilize them.

thanks,

David

caymanreview:
that is exactly what has been done to my KC5's but for use with a naiant tinybox via a dual mini xlr > 6 pin mini xlr adapter cable built by Naiant.

im interested to know about the techflex sizes as well, i plan to do it to a set of unmod'd KC5's soon.

F.O.Bean:
Whatever you end up using, Dactylus, I highly recommend a small piece of this rubber, stretchy tape that molds into itself for a waterproof, airtight seal, at the ends of the kc5's Techflex, to hold it snugly in place! ;) I just take a small 1"-2" piece of the rubber tape, and then stretch the hell out of it by pulling from each end. And its easily removable if you need to remove it!

dactylus:
Thanks for the suggestion Bean.  Darktrain techflexed my Milab VM-44 Link cables for me and he will be doing my KC5 cables too. 

dactylus:

--- Quote from: caymanreview on January 23, 2017, 12:15:42 AM ---that is exactly what has been done to my KC5's but for use with a naiant tinybox via a dual mini xlr > 6 pin mini xlr adapter cable built by Naiant.

im interested to know about the techflex sizes as well, i plan to do it to a set of unmod'd KC5's soon.

--- End quote ---

Dustin,

I'll let you know on the techflex size that works for the KC5's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version