Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tekkeon 3450 w/ V3 or V2  (Read 3241 times)

Offline thekittycatt

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
Tekkeon 3450 w/ V3 or V2
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
How long does the tekkeon 3450 last with a V3 &/or V2?           

Offline tyedyejon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tekkeon 3450 w/ V3 or V2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:40:35 PM »
4-6hours max. con... no warning when battery dies. i would buy 2 not the extended battery. i plan to buy the 3450i next.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
4-6hours max. con... no warning when battery dies. i would buy 2 not the extended battery. i plan to buy the 3450i next.

correct, you won't see the warning on the grace because the tekkeon's hold their quoted charge till the end instead of a steady decrease like some other batteries, but if you hold the battery up to your head, you'll hear it beep periodically (it's like once every 2 seconds or something). Second, the mah rating that is published on the website is correct based on my tests with the 3450i, but the little lights that light up when you press on the battery are not. As best I can tell, I have a half-full battery when 1 of the 8 lights goes off, and it's a rapid decent after that. Any more then 3 lights off and I'd switch batteries.

Last, why not get the extended battery? I guess if you need 2 batteries (1 for the recorder and 1 for the amp), then that makes sense, otherwise the extender is cheaper. Have you had problems with it?
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline thekittycatt

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »

4-6 with a V3 or V2.  I have both and want to get one for each.

Page,

Do you use yours with a V3 or V2?  Or do you use it on something else?

PS:  I am locking this thread up & moving it here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=107694.0

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:59:50 PM by thekittycatt »

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 04:04:11 PM »

4-6 with a V3 or V2.  I have both and want to get one for each.

Page,

Do you use yours with a V3 or V2?  Or do you use it on something else?

have 2 friends who do, one with each and they love them, especially since they can switch the voltages depending on what they choose to run that day (same reason I like mine; 722, sax, or my laptop, it's happy with any of them). My comments were primarily from tests I'd run, once you find out the mah draw, look at tekkeon's website, knock of 20% for safety and you'll get really close to that for your run time. The draw for the V3 with digital turned on is like 1000mah, and it drops as you start turning stuff off like ANSR and the digital outs. I can't remember what the V2's draw is, sorry.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.211 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com