Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: btree vs archive.org  (Read 10067 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: btree vs archive.org
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:24 AM »
https://archive.org/details/wsp-406

[cut/]

What's your point?  Are you being sarcastic or not?

If not, you're a long time taper so by now you should know what shouldn't be put in Community Audio, as Vanark already pointed out, regardless of what some people might choose to post there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:06:11 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »
I think if Sloan_Simpson is kind enough to do the research that points out these bad uploads, then someone that administers a part of the Live Music Archive, and frequents this site, should be given the authority to take them down.

I wasn't volunteering anyone in particular.... ;D

I see some of them taken down already..!  GREAT  :coolguy:

Now it is time to go after user "Retro Br" and take almost all of those 69 this user has uploaded, too.....

Wait now, can't this user's account be deleted altogether?  :hmmm:

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline HealthCov Chris

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • InsideOut Recording & Promotions
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 08:28:46 PM »

^
The main limitation of the LMA is that it is obviously only for the bands that appear there, but other than that, it is a superior distribution platform. I use it for everything that I can use it for. Otherwise I use streaming on Soundcloud, which works but is harder to set up.

I do the same thing...LMA when possible and everything on Soundcloud for streaming through the app on mobile devices.  You can also set the option to allow downloading in SoundCloud, but it is now automatic.  I have found it difficult to impossible to stream the shows on LMA over my iPhone.  There seems to be long time gaps between songs, if they automatically advance at all.   

Also, I typically ask the bands I openly tape (that I know are NOT on the LMA) if they want me to post it there, and if so I send them the LMA consent to post email address with the short version of instructions. 
LMA: https://archive.org/details/@corfit
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/insideoutrecording
Mics: AKG ck61/ck63 (nBob actives, Naiant PFA) | AKG 568 | CA-14 omni | Studio Projects B3
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6 | Zoom F3 | Roland R-07
Camera: GoPro Hero 4 Silver

Offline harmon712

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Photography and Audio Recording Facebook Page
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »
I mostly do archive.org if the band is on the list of accepted bands. 
Mics: Neumann KM184 & Busman BSC1
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-3 & MixPre-6
Stand: Triad-Orbit T3 w/ T-ES Elevator Shaft
Video: Canon VIXIA HF R500
Photo: Canon T3i w/ Sigma 18-50mm & 50-150 f/2.8 lenses
Bag: Gruv Gear Club Bag, AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag & Sound Devices CS-3

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 03:17:21 PM »
LMA 1st and post to bt with link to lma, so they can stream. I trust lma for archival purposes. and if not on lma, bt only. I haven't used it in a while, but Traders Den still gets some torrents as well. Never used Dime, and don't have any interest in starting to use Dime either, personal choice
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline nolamule

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:38 PM »

^
The main limitation of the LMA is that it is obviously only for the bands that appear there, but other than that, it is a superior distribution platform. I use it for everything that I can use it for. Otherwise I use streaming on Soundcloud, which works but is harder to set up.

I do the same thing...LMA when possible and everything on Soundcloud for streaming through the app on mobile devices.  You can also set the option to allow downloading in SoundCloud, but it is now automatic.  I have found it difficult to impossible to stream the shows on LMA over my iPhone.  There seems to be long time gaps between songs, if they automatically advance at all.   

Also, I typically ask the bands I openly tape (that I know are NOT on the LMA) if they want me to post it there, and if so I send them the LMA consent to post email address with the short version of instructions.

Thanks for the input guys. Finally got my SoundCloud account setup and uploaded a bunch of shows I couldn't to LMA.

Offline HealthCov Chris

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • InsideOut Recording & Promotions
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 04:45:48 PM »

^

Thanks for the input guys. Finally got my SoundCloud account setup and uploaded a bunch of shows I couldn't to LMA.

Great.  I'll look for you.  In my opinion, the SoundCloud streaming option is superior to other streaming options. Remember for $15 monthly you can host unlimited shows.  Also, you can set files to be downloadable or stream only for sensitive bands (Chris Robinson Brotherhood).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:53:10 AM by CorFit Chris »
LMA: https://archive.org/details/@corfit
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/insideoutrecording
Mics: AKG ck61/ck63 (nBob actives, Naiant PFA) | AKG 568 | CA-14 omni | Studio Projects B3
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6 | Zoom F3 | Roland R-07
Camera: GoPro Hero 4 Silver

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »
If a band is OK with recording and posting but has not authorized the LMA to give them a section, then is Community Audio appropriate for those recordings?

For instance, I actually have contact with all 4 of these bands that they'd like to be on the LMA, but this show was just a mess with the guests and sit-ins, and partial sets and band vs band busking duel... so Community Audio it is for Balanced Breakfast... https://archive.org/details/BalancedBreakfast2015-06-19

If you don't want to go through the trouble to do it legitimately, just upload whatever you want to Community Audio.

Please, no. I believe Sloan is being sarcastic. This is NOT the proper use of Community Audio. Sloan is aware of this which is why I think he is making such a statement.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
If a band is OK with recording and posting but has not authorized the LMA to give them a section, then is Community Audio appropriate for those recordings?

No, that is not appropriate for Community Audio. It is not meant for a place to put bands that don't have a collection yet.

For instance, I actually have contact with all 4 of these bands that they'd like to be on the LMA, but this show was just a mess with the guests and sit-ins, and partial sets and band vs band busking duel... so Community Audio it is for Balanced Breakfast... https://archive.org/details/BalancedBreakfast2015-06-19

No idea what you are trying to say here.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com