Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: live editing - help -  (Read 1759 times)

Offline kyleone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
live editing - help -
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:10:33 PM »
so, i'd like to do a couple things. does anyone know if there is a program out there to take a live track and completely take out all the music and preserve the crowd noise?, and also, will that program take out all the crowd noise and preserve the music?

if someone has a program that can do that for me, because the program probably isn't free, (just a few tracks), i'd be more than happy to give you a few bucks, thanks.

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
Re: live editing - help -
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:23:17 AM »
so, i'd like to do a couple things. does anyone know if there is a program out there to take a live track and completely take out all the music and preserve the crowd noise?, and also, will that program take out all the crowd noise and preserve the music?

if someone has a program that can do that for me, because the program probably isn't free, (just a few tracks), i'd be more than happy to give you a few bucks, thanks.

There's no easy way to do this, and no matter what, you'll never achieve a "perfect" result.
I assume you mean crowd noise over/during the songs, not inbetween, right?

The problem is that crowd noise is not uniform, neither is the sound from the stage. Basically, there's no way for a computer program to distinguish between a musician singing and clapping hands onstage, vs. a fan doing the same offstage.

What you can do in most editing software is to use a segment of pure crowd noise (like between the encores), and use it as a "negative filter" and subtract it from the noisy parts of a song.
This can work for isolated claps. But for any longer parties, you run the risk of subtracting the high frequencies and dulling the music. YMMV...

/Jan

Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline kyleone

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:56:15 AM »
well, im trying to make a compilation flow really well and there is this stupid little loud burst of crowd on one track and its hard to make flow well. any ideas. can you help ?

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:54:06 PM »
can you compress that portion?  Or try a clip restoration to bring the crowd noise into check?
I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline Wiggle

• Taperssection Member
  • So soft. Clearly meant to be loved by humans.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 02:05:16 PM »
well, im trying to make a compilation flow really well and there is this stupid little loud burst of crowd on one track and its hard to make flow well. any ideas. can you help ?

Could you not crossfade them together - with a quick out or in on the bothersome track - and then track them out again as two songs (if necessary)?
Open: SP C4/MSH-1O > Nick's Picks hydra cables > BM2P+ UA-5 > iRiver H120
Optional: Giant Squid cards > iRiver H120

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com