Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Jecklin effect?  (Read 1710 times)

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Jecklin effect?
« on: July 10, 2004, 04:48:12 PM »
Ok, normally you use a jecklin with omni's, but I am wondering if I am experiencing a jecklin type effect with the mini rig. 

The mic's are pointed in a near ortf pattern but because of the case sitting between the mics, I am noticing a LOT better stereo seperation than just setting em up ORTF (the mics are at853's)  on a stand.

Also, I played back a good bit of the tape I pulled last night (Trasna played at the Irish Brigade in Fredericksburg)  And found that setting the Yamaha receiver to ProLogic, I was getting a decent feel of being there ( i.e. hearing stuff happening on the sides and slightly to the rear) 

I would guess that because their is more seperation, the prologic receiver is able to do a lot more with it...

Wondering if anyone else has tried to do anything like this before?

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re: Jecklin effect?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 08:46:49 PM »
i run my tapes in surround sound sometime and let the receiver do the auto-decoding, since there is no rear, or center channel encoding.  It still works, and personally i like it, but as for listening to a tape analytically i won't use it, more for enjoyment after the analytical listening..  I've never used a jecklin, but i want to.  glad you'r liking your tapes, i still like mine the more i do it.  peace.

Matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Re: Jecklin effect?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 10:34:52 PM »
i run my tapes in surround sound sometime and let the receiver do the auto-decoding, since there is no rear, or center channel encoding.  It still works, and personally i like it, but as for listening to a tape analytically i won't use it, more for enjoyment after the analytical listening..  I've never used a jecklin, but i want to.  glad you'r liking your tapes, i still like mine the more i do it.  peace.

Matt

Well it was more of an accident then anything else in trying the surround...  What do you mean about it still works?
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com