Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "Beats By Dr Dre" Headphones..?  (Read 40625 times)

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Re: "Beats By Dr Dre" Headphones..?
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
I've been listening to the Monster iSport Immersion earphones a lot since I received them .... (CUT) ... One final note is not to pay anywhere near full retail price for these.  Retail price is $180 for the set; I paid $130 at Amazon and that was the lowest price.  At $180, it's a total ripoff; at $130, it's still a ripoff, but I don't feel like giving Westone any more money for earphones that break quickly.

No love for Etymotic IEM's? I have the HF3 model (List around $180 but discounted to $129 or so on Amazon) and they are fantasic.

Can I run with them?  I sweat like a beast...literally like a waterfall off of my head.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2012, 01:26:55 AM »
I've been listening to the Monster iSport Immersion earphones a lot since I received them .... (CUT) ... One final note is not to pay anywhere near full retail price for these.  Retail price is $180 for the set; I paid $130 at Amazon and that was the lowest price.  At $180, it's a total ripoff; at $130, it's still a ripoff, but I don't feel like giving Westone any more money for earphones that break quickly.

No love for Etymotic IEM's? I have the HF3 model (List around $180 but discounted to $129 or so on Amazon) and they are fantasic.

Can I run with them?  I sweat like a beast...literally like a waterfall off of my head.

I have the sponge type tips on mine as they fit the best and block out the noise. Plus you can get custom molded tips for them if you want. Not sure about sweat but Monster developed their headphones to replace Beats (since their partnership broke up) so I would expect a overpriced POSSIBLY decent headphones, not something great.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2012, 05:59:26 AM »
If only Koss would be able to emulate the sound of the KSC-75's into a sports iem model.  I would be drooling majorly.

These Koss SportaPros that I have been wearing and in which I am exercising are basically KSC-75 drivers with a headband.  Not IEM, but they are working fine so far.  They don't move around on my head and I have been sweating like crazy with them on and they have not failed.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »
By the way, Shure has dealt with the cord problem on its IEMs.  I, too, have a couple pair of stiffened, shorted-out E4s.  But now the SE series has the drivers snap on to the end of the cord--not hard-wired any more, so when the cord wears out you can snap the drivers onto a replacement.

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
They are over priced and not that nice.
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: (3) Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: (2) Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com