Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity 2.1.1 & 2.1.2 broke the precision of the Change Speed effect!?  (Read 2825 times)

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
The interface of the Change Speed plugin is totally different than it used to be, and I can no longer enter as many digits of precision the way I could before!?

I want to do a -0.00121553674719% change. The best I can do is -0.001%!?? That is not really very close! I was wondering about my math, why my second sync point was 217 samples off...

Grrr.

Guess I better use an old version to fix my files. Ugh.

Anyone else notice this?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  :coolguy:  No problem in 2.1.0.....

Copy "-0.00121553674719" from your calculator, and paste it into "% change"....it uses all your digits.

Did the ability to paste in a long decimal number go away in 2.1.1 and 2.1.2?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline morst

:coolguy:  No problem in 2.1.0.....

Copy "-0.00121553674719" from your calculator, and paste it into "% change"....it uses all your digits.

Did the ability to paste in a long decimal number go away in 2.1.1 and 2.1.2?

Yes, that is exactly the problem. It's just as Danny3 described last sept 15th.

I have been using Audacity ver.2.0 for a while now. Last week I upgraded to the current version, 2.1.1.

...(SNIP...)

Then I find a common point as close to the end as is feasible, note the samples from each track, divide the larger by the smaller, remove the ‘1’ and two decimal places, and enter that number in the (version2.0) ‘change speed’ percentage box.  (I hope I explained that properly – it has worked well for me.)

Sometimes that percentage would be 13 decimal places long. With the newer version, I can’t seem to enter a percentage change past the thousands place (.00x)
I am hoping someone has some experience with this version, and can offer suggestions. I see that there is the opportunity to ‘change length', but can’t figure that out.

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
In software terms, losing this precision is called a "Regression".

It is, and should be, frowned upon... :P  >:(

Hmmmm

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline danny3

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
As happy as I was with other improvements in the newer version, I reverted back to using the 2.0 version so I could employ the many decimal place math method.

Although I was initially impressed with the 'new length' feature in version 2.1.1, I had hit or miss success with it, and often spent tons of time experimenting with the numbers trying to get things lined up. 

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
Don't be afraid to use 2.1.0

It works Aok AND has the "length" feature you like

Offline morst

As happy as I was with other improvements in the newer version, I reverted back to using the 2.0 version so I could employ the many decimal place math method.

Although I was initially impressed with the 'new length' feature in version 2.1.1, I had hit or miss success with it, and often spent tons of time experimenting with the numbers trying to get things lined up.

I bet you did. I am having MISS-ONLY lack-of-success. Downgrading now.  :facepalm:

edit: link to 2.0.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/files/audacity/2.1.0/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:11:08 PM by morst »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com