Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Found out my tapes suck  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Found out my tapes suck
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 08:05:23 AM »
I remember going through this when I started to build my stereo.  all my "great tapes" sucked, and all my sucky tapes were actualy awesome.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »
Yup, I sold some nice gear b/c I thought my stereo was "accurate", too bad it sucked. Oh well, that is how we learn, keep experimenting with gear it will only get better.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 01:30:21 PM »
Sounds about right to me.  Since I got my system to it's present level, I have really had to reevaluate my expectations.  Stuff I thought sounded great in the car coming home from the show doesn't always sound that good on the big system. 

Of course, a lot of commercial CDs that I thought sounded good sound flawed now too.

Same here. I won't even listen to most of my tapes on any stereo system, good or bad. Although on some lower end systems they are more listenable. In my car they are fine, actually damn good and usually better on headphones, my two major listening rooms. So that said, I am looking for a nice pair of headphones. http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=57028.0

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 11:59:18 PM »
scary to think that after spending all of this money the end result is dissapointment.  maybe i'll hold off on the hi-fi for a couple years and actually enjoy my tapes for now ;)....well except for the mackie studio monitor system
Really not very evil at all now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com