Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BT Help Needed  (Read 4850 times)

Offline DATPAT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Recovering Gear Slut
    • Mobiltracks-Mobile A/V Recording
BT Help Needed
« on: September 20, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
Howdy People,
I have been a taper on and off for the better part of almost twenty years.  Since I have gotten back into taping I have always posted my recordings to the LMA. However, as we all know not all bands allow this. So I have tried to upload my 1st torrent and haven't had any luck. I am pretty computer savey but for some reason I am having problems seeding a Torrent on Etree. I created an account and have created the file and uploaded my listing. It shows in my account and on the torrent list that my torrent is there but no seeders. However have it opened in Vuze for sharing? I don't think it is my Firewall because I turned it off and it didn't seem to matter in addtion vuze show Nat is all good. Any tips would be much appreciated. I believe it is probably something simple but I have tried a few things but BT's trackers doesn't seem to see my seed?
Mic's(pairs) AKG (414's, 391's, Se-10's, )AT 853's, 4050's,BEYER MC 740,Gefell m300's, NEUMANN U89  i's, SKM-140 Set , TLM 170's, 102's, OKTAVA Mk-012 set,319's, SENNHEISER MKH-8050's, Sanken CMS-10, SOUNDFIELD SPS200,ST-250.PROJECTS LSD-2, & C1's,TELFUNKEN Ela 260 Field Set (H,C,O), Copper heads
Decks: Tascam Dr100Mk2,DR-680, HS-P82, Zoom F-8,Fostex LR-16, Mackie SDR 2496
Pre's- Onyx Satallite,  Niaint Littlebox W/OT, Apogee AD -1000, Mini -Me, CoopePSA1
 Video: JVC GV-LS2WE, panasonic FZ-1000
Playback: B& K and Adcom Power Amps and Martin Logan Electrostatic's and Tannoy nearfields
http://www.mobiltracks.net

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
Re: BT Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
Oh hai there.
I posted this in a different thread a while back.

WARNING! SUITE PHOTO BLAHG...for uploading to trackers. :D

1) Create Torrent File. I use utorrent as illustrated in these screenshots.

Simply click on create torrent button, the one with the wand and stars...

This will bring you to a secondary screen where you choose the folder by clicking
add directory. This will open a browser window where you can select the folder off
a location on your computer. Choose that folder.

After selecting target folder, add the tracker url into the Trackers box. In this case it's etree
and they list the url on their upload page. After you do this, hit the Create and Save button.

2) Fill out upload form at bt.etree by clicking the Upload header on the home page.
Make sure you're logged in. Most of the form is pretty self explanatory. Copy/paste the text file
into the Description box. Also copy/paste the .ffp/md5's into the Checksum box.
Fill out the title of your show(band/location/date) in the Torrent Name box. This will be the title
that appears on the tracker

Next you'll want to attach the Torrent File you created in step one. To do this,
click the Browse button to the right of the Upload File box. It will then open up
a browser window where you can locate the Torrent File you created in step 1.
Select that file

It will be filled in, in that plane afeter clicking. To finish with this page, scroll to the bottom
and select artist from drop down menu. If your band is not on the list select Other.
Next check the Verified To Be Trade Friendly box and the Send E-mail box and hit
the Do It button.

The Upload Successful page will pop up
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:12:11 PM by newplanet7 »
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline newplanet7

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »
3) Activate your show. To do this, open up your torrent client. Then click the add
torrent button

This will open up a browse window where you locate the torrent file
that was created in step one. Locate and select it to add to your torrent client.

Once the file you created is selected another browser window will direct you
to select the folder that the torrent file was made from.(IE the show your uploading).
Select that folder

Next your torrent client will check to see if all the data you have in said folder
jives with the torrent file information. It will as long as nothing was altered with
any of the files in said folder.

It may take a few minutes to show on the main page of the tracker so be patient.
A L L S U M! Done Deal.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=527135

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »
I just love that some torrent is smudged out on the right, yet the Erin Andrews video wmv and The Hangover .avi are sitting right there. ;D
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline DATPAT

• Taperssection Member
  • Recovering Gear Slut
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »
thanks, I am thinking it could be a problem with the Vuze and or that I have the torrent file located in the wrong directory. I mess with it again later.
Mic's(pairs) AKG (414's, 391's, Se-10's, )AT 853's, 4050's,BEYER MC 740,Gefell m300's, NEUMANN U89  i's, SKM-140 Set , TLM 170's, 102's, OKTAVA Mk-012 set,319's, SENNHEISER MKH-8050's, Sanken CMS-10, SOUNDFIELD SPS200,ST-250.PROJECTS LSD-2, & C1's,TELFUNKEN Ela 260 Field Set (H,C,O), Copper heads
Pre's- Onyx Satallite,  Niaint Littlebox W/OT, Apogee AD -1000, Mini -Me, CoopePSA1
Playback: B& K and Adcom Power Amps and Martin Logan Electrostatic's and Tannoy nearfields

Offline frogger

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 07:44:45 PM »
I use Vuze and here's how I do it.  After going through all the steps above, I delete the original torrent file and download it from etree or whoever you are torrenting through.  When it asks you where to save the torrent, point it at the directory where the files you are torrenting are.  It'll run the check, see that everything is there, and you will now be a seeder.
HTH,
Chuck

Offline DATPAT

• Taperssection Member
  • Recovering Gear Slut
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 01:35:15 AM »
Thanks peeps, In particular frogger. I followed your advice and it worked however the weird thing is that it showed it was seeding when I tried to add the torrent via classic share but the tracker never found it.

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
I just love that some torrent is smudged out on the right, yet the Erin Andrews video wmv and The Hangover .avi are sitting right there. ;D

:lol:
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

Offline cottle

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
I use Vuze and here's how I do it.  After going through all the steps above, I delete the original torrent file and download it from etree or whoever you are torrenting through.  When it asks you where to save the torrent, point it at the directory where the files you are torrenting are.  It'll run the check, see that everything is there, and you will now be a seeder.
HTH,
Chuck

Thank You.  I've been having a similar problem for the last two days, and then when I thought I had it figured out, the torrent made it all the way to 94.4% and just froze up.  I've tried wit BitTorrent, but I'm going to try this with Vuze and see if it makes any difference.  Maybe I just need to delete the original torrent file, I think that's the one step I've been missing.  In any case, thanks.

Offline newplanet7

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

:lol:
Don't ask, don't tell fellas  ^-^

Offline frogger

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
Thanks peeps, In particular frogger. I followed your advice and it worked however the weird thing is that it showed it was seeding when I tried to add the torrent via classic share but the tracker never found it.
Glad that worked for ya  ;D.  I'm an old taper myself and that last step was what caused me the most grief when I first tried torrenting.

Chuck

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com