Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to photos  (Read 8809 times)

Offline hoobash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: New to photos
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 03:10:25 PM »
I am going to a new camera shorty. I dont have lots for $$$. I like the canon alot and will prob get the a75. I am getting mine from newegg

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 05:25:10 PM »
I have a 3.2 mp Kodak, and my girl has a 3.2mp Nikon - the Nikon takes way nicer pics to my eyes, fwiw...

check tigerdirect.com for your storage cards - they've got pretty good prices- I've ordered a lot of items from them in the past, never had a problem.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline antiwook

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 05:38:21 PM »
anyone know any good camera website to buy one of these?  the A80 seems like an older model and probably isn't sold at bestbuy or the likes any more.
mike

You can try ebay.....

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 02:49:08 PM »
i ordered a new a95 yesterday
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline twoodruff

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 09:56:39 AM »
camera arrived on Tuesday, incredibly easy to use, I ordered from Beach Photo, not so friendly sales people, not mean, just not so friendly. Camera arrived very quickly and seems like everything is good to go.
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

jpschust

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 10:06:21 AM »
trey, was that site on flashes helpful?

Offline twoodruff

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 10:29:31 AM »
trey, was that site on flashes helpful?

yes was helpful, I was looking into to using a flash with my non-digi as in film Nikon FG, this forum has giving me a bug.
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 01:09:03 AM »
those pictures look nice, but what about when you're a distance from the stage and in low light.  do they get blurry.  i know my friends sony digital camera looks like butt in low light distant shots.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

jpschust

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2004, 09:27:30 AM »
fwiw, digi rebels can be had for well under 1k on the secondary market

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 03:13:56 PM »
ok, i'm about ready to make the plunge and get a digi cam, my cell phone and built in camera on my mini dv cam don't cut it worth a shit.

i'm thinking about getting the fuji finepix s-5100.  i found it for $302 on the internet, think i should go for it?

edit: scratch that, i think i'm going to go with the olympus c-765
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 04:40:42 PM by SpeshulEd »

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline highwayjill

• Taperssection All-Star
  • highwayjill was a daffodil...
    • my cd list
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 06:07:23 AM »
huge +T to ya nick, i saw this thread and though i should stop by and push the canon powershot a80 and about 1/2 way through, i see some of my pics  :D  I"m really happy with the pics it takes, and i LOVE the moveable screen.  Bestbuy/circuitcity/etc probalby do still sell them, just in the "discontinued" section.  I was kinda pissed the first time i saw one in one of the sunday paper circulars for way less than i paid for mine (mainly cause i'm still  paying for it... gotta love 2 years no interest from best buy).... so... umm... this is my official plug for a canon powershot Awhatever has a moveable screen.  OH yeah... i forgot to mention that i managed to drop my A80 onto a concrete floor from about 3-4 feet and nothing on it broke (that handstrap is there for a reason).

edit: nick, my donation is on the way as soon as my bank recognizes my atm deposit

edit 2: mike: a lot of the pictures do turn out blurry,  you just have to take A LOT of pics to get a few that turn out good.  I'd have to say that these http://bt.shnshare.org/gallery/um2004-08-19  are the best overall results i've gotten from the A80... which is about 1/4 of the pics i took that night
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 06:43:20 AM by highwayjill »

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004, 02:01:29 PM »
nice pics highwayjill +t, maybe posting how you set your settings for trey and others using the powershot series?

Offline highwayjill

• Taperssection All-Star
  • highwayjill was a daffodil...
    • my cd list
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 02:42:02 AM »
i usually use the auto settings, including the fast motion setting (the pic of the guy running) and NO flash.  Sometimes if i dont like the way the pics are turning out, i'll try some of the different settings, but all the auto settings are usually good enough...  If the band/venue has a good light show, you can usually get good no flash pics.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com