Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audix Condenser Mic Question  (Read 2708 times)

Offline sleepy_monkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audix Condenser Mic Question
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »
I am new to taping, definitely not new to the scene or to music at all, but glad to be here!. 

Basically, running everything into a Boss Micro BR.  I just picked up a Sony ECM DS-70P stereo condenser which actually sounded ok when I recorded Railroad Earth on Halloween....but obviously there is an upgrade and it is mics!

So I was thinking about getting the Audix F15 condenser mic...two of them and running into a small mixing board with phantom...but I haven't read anything where anyone has used these mics for live shows...only for mic'ing drums.

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks again!!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audix Condenser Mic Question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:18:47 PM »
I am new to taping, definitely not new to the scene or to music at all, but glad to be here!. 

Basically, running everything into a Boss Micro BR.  I just picked up a Sony ECM DS-70P stereo condenser which actually sounded ok when I recorded Railroad Earth on Halloween....but obviously there is an upgrade and it is mics!

So I was thinking about getting the Audix F15 condenser mic...two of them and running into a small mixing board with phantom...but I haven't read anything where anyone has used these mics for live shows...only for mic'ing drums.

Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks again!!

The micro br overloads to easily and runs out of batteries so quickly you will need to carry an extra pack... Not really a good recorder for concert recording.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline sleepy_monkey

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
Right, I am good to go on batteries...I have rechargeables that last long enough for the shows with no problem....plus I have a power supply.
Thanks!

Anyone have any info on the Audix F15 mics?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
Right, I am good to go on batteries...I have rechargeables that last long enough for the shows with no problem....plus I have a power supply.
Thanks!

Anyone have any info on the Audix F15 mics?

That's interesting because the BR I had would not last more then 30 minutes on a fresh set of batteries.. So you must be using an external pack then?

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »
the f15 is a goog mic for a drum kit, but I wouldn't use them for a stereo pair from a distance.  They will sound light on the bass.  For the price why not buy a pair of Karma K10's.  $99 for the pair and i'll bet you can't do any better spending +$400 for a different set of mics....
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline sleepy_monkey

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »
No, I am using Monster Power rechargeable batteries.  They will go for at least an hour if not an hour and a half on a full charge..

Offline jkbyram

• Taperssection Underachiever
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:49:53 PM »
one hour is not long enough for most opening sets of bands i record. as for mics i would suggest going to the archive and listening to different sources and deciding what you want. i think the price range you are looking in is going to be the biggest limiting factor on improvements over what you have. 

Offline sleepy_monkey

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »
I haven't had a problem recording anything as of yet...batteries haven't been a factor...plus most of the places I record at have plugs that I can plug my stuff into, to bypass the battery issue.  I might look into a battery pack though.  I am sure the batteries will give way in the middle of a sick solo or something..haha.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com