Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 Compatable CF Cards  (Read 28819 times)

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Tascam HD-P2 Compatable CF Cards
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
I still can't believe Tascam would develop a product that will only support up to a 8gb card.
It just seems ridiculous to me. Doesn't the fostex and Sound devices machines support larger than 8 gb cards?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:50 PM »
I still can't believe Tascam would develop a product that will only support up to a 8gb card.
It just seems ridiculous to me. Doesn't the fostex and Sound devices machines support larger than 8 gb cards?

Yes
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »
I sent an email to Paul Jenkins who is the Sales manager for America. ( I think I tried a few different ones and the last one didn't bounce back yet..)
I don't know if it will do one bit of good but it was the only name I could find for any form of management type personel.
Basically just said what we have been saying here and how I considered supports response to be unacceptable.
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »
It just seems ridiculous to me.

QFT.  Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix their firmware.  I dont see this being a hardware limitation at all.
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »
It just seems ridiculous to me.

QFT.  Hopefully they will do the right thing and fix their firmware.  I dont see this being a hardware limitation at all.

Don't count on it...Here is a copy of my email I sent...If everyone sends one maybe they will change their minds....

To whom it may concern

I just want to say I love my HDP2.  It is one of the best recorders I have ever owned.  Its rock solid, thanks for making a great product.  However I have two questions.  Is there anywhere I can purchase the power supply or specially  the wire from the power supply with the tip that plugs into the HDP2?  I want to make a battery supply that will power the HDP2 longer than the AA's will, believe or not 5 hours isn't enough in the field when they is no electricity.  The specific problem I have had is finding the Tip, Is it company specific?

My second question is I am aware that the HDP2 only supports up to 8gig cards.  Are there any plans in the near future for a firmwire that will enable larger gig cf cards ie 12 or 16 or even 32 gig cf cards?

Thanks John C. Kistler......

And their respnse.....

John,

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying the HD-P2.

The wire/plug is not available as a separate item however the AC adaptor can be purchased from our Parts Department. (Part number - E00980000B)
Send them an email (Parts@teac.com) and they will provide you with a price and availability.

There has been no talk of an update that will expand the unit's ability to handle more than an 8GB CF card.

Thank you for your interest in TASCAM products.

So send your requests to Tascam..if enough people speak up maybe they will listen...Hey I can dream can't I....OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 11:03:36 PM »
Is there anywhere I can purchase the power supply or specially  the wire from the power supply with the tip that plugs into the HDP2?

The wire/plug is not available as a separate item however the AC adaptor can be purchased from our Parts Department. (Part number - E00980000B)

I tried just getting the specs on the plug, and they couldn't / wouldn't give them to me, saying they had the plug specially made and didn't have specs available for it.  How did the manufacturer specially make the DC plug without specs, I asked?  No answer.  I find it hard to believe that Tascam paid a premium for a one-of-a-kind DC plug when a standard size DC plug would get the job done.  One of these days I'll just spend a couple bucks on the right tools to measure the ID/OD myself.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
These people at Tascam are fucking ass clowns! It's a fucking firmware update assholes!  ::) >:(

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
These people at Tascam are fucking ass clowns! It's a fucking firmware update assholes!  ::) >:(

Give 'em some time.  It hasn't been that long since this was identified (well, here at least).  And they probably didn't do anything until a number of people noted the problem and they confirmed.  Sometimes it takes time to apply patches and get them thoroughly tested.  Perhaps they just couldn't get the fix done and tested and into the queue for the latest release.
Roland R-05

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »
Is there anywhere I can purchase the power supply or specially  the wire from the power supply with the tip that plugs into the HDP2?

I tried just getting the specs on the plug, and they couldn't / wouldn't give them to me, saying they had the plug specially made and didn't have specs available for it.  How did the manufacturer specially make the DC plug without specs, I asked?  No answer.  I find it hard to believe that Tascam paid a premium for a one-of-a-kind DC plug when a standard size DC plug would get the job done.  One of these days I'll just spend a couple bucks on the right tools to measure the ID/OD myself.

I remember talking with a guy from tech support many months ago who told me the tip is spring loaded so there is always contact.  I never confirmed this.  He did state at that time the tip was a "product specific part" meaning it ws made only for tascam.  Thats so anal retentive bastards like myself end up buying a new power supply just to have the right part to make a simple cable that is reliable for a battery sled/ion pack/ SLA....Fight the Power  OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline coloartist

• MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 03:03:31 AM »

I'm a little confused. Ed at www.kindkables.com made me a cable for me to plug my tascam into my my 9v Walmart battery. I don't think it is a special plug. I still use rechargable AA's, but I also use the wally battery. It powers off whichever has more power. I don't know how much recording time I get, but it is a long time. Give Ed a call. I do use gaffer tape to make sure the plug can't come loose when I'm drunk at a show though!
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 07:13:09 AM »

I'm a little confused. Ed at www.kindkables.com made me a cable for me to plug my tascam into my my 9v Walmart battery. I don't think it is a special plug. I still use rechargable AA's, but I also use the wally battery. It powers off whichever has more power. I don't know how much recording time I get, but it is a long time. Give Ed a call. I do use gaffer tape to make sure the plug can't come loose when I'm drunk at a show though!
yea I am confused as well since a radio shack M adapta plug seems to fit perfectly... My only complaint about it, is it hugs the deck so close there really is only way to plug it in to assure it does not come out. Nonetheless I haven't had any issues using my radioshack plug and losing power connectivity.
Just recently I connected both portabrace bags together in case I had to shoulder my gear and the power connection still was solid.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:09 AM »
I've tried a couple different plugs, and they've all worked - so not surprised to hear others have plugs that work well for them.  But using a known properly spec'd connector would give me peace of mind.

The spring-loaded portion of the DC power connection resides inside the female connector, in the unit.  You can see a small nub inside the outer ring of the female receptor that provides a little pressure against the male plug when inserted.  In other words, the spring-loading component of the mechanism has nothing to do with the male connector plug, which is why I'm frustrated by Tascam's unwillingness to share the spec for the male plug.  I'm not asking them to source one for me, tell me where to find one (since they claim it's only available through them), I simply want to know the specs so I may determine myself if the male plug's available elsewhere.
Roland R-05

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
Yes i have had no trouble with the male plugs either.  The yellow tip that came with my power runner lion battery fits perfectly, and it's a right angle as well.
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
I've tried a couple different plugs, and they've all worked - so not surprised to hear others have plugs that work well for them.  But using a known properly spec'd connector would give me peace of mind.

The peace of mind is what I am looking for.  Duck taping and whatever other methods people are using to keep the plug they are using in is the reason why I want the actual plug. Again peace of mind....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

The peace of mind is what I am looking for.  Duck taping and whatever other methods people are using to keep the plug they are using in is the reason why I want the actual plug. Again peace of mind....
Good luck I haven't used any tape yet and in the portabrace bag slung over the shoulder and a Li-ion in the front pocket, I still feel fairly confident in the M plug staying put. Now if you start running or something I'm sure it would come unplugged. In a situation like that I would recommend running double A's.
My personal preference would of been to see a screw on connector much like the V3..
Something else I'm considering for peace of mind is just running Double A rechargeables and still use the external power source so if it does come unplugged; power would be uninterrupted..
Oh well I'm already thinking of selling off mine and finding a box that supports cards larger than 8gbs off the shelf, (702?)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com