Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

V2 Battery Options

<< < (2/10) > >>

tgakidis:

--- Quote from: dnsacks on December 05, 2016, 12:19:12 PM ---wouldn't the sd 744 battery with sled option previously mentioned for a v3 also work on a v2?  see http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178778.0

--- End quote ---

yes.  Any 6-12v battery will power the V2.

Grace Design Lunatec V2 (6v Version) / 6-12v / 4 pin XLR Female / pin 3 for (+) pin 2 for (-)
Grace Design Lunatec V2 (12v Version) / 4 pin XLR Female / pin 4 for (+) pin 1 for (-)

yug du nord:
On TS, it seems that V2's have gone anywhere from 400-600 within the past few years. 
If you can find em, I still prefer the 9v DVD "wally world" batteries for anything that can take 9v....  which includes the V2. 
V2's never go outta style!  Nice find man!! 

Charlie Miller:
I contacted Grace Designs about getting the deck tested, cleaned, etc. The said for $125 they will test and clean the unit, and replace any parts needed. Not a bad deal.

markrsmith:
I had my v2 sent to Grace for the checkup, thought it was worth it for the reassurance.

F.O.Bean:
Also fellas, I used to power my [6v] V2's/V3's with 7.2v NIMH RC Batteries in the past too! Always powered them reliably, and now I use 9.6v NIMH RC Batteries to power my Schoeps VMS02IB Preamp reliably, as well :) So don't forget about NIMH RC packs as a good powering source. I upgraded the Tamiya connectors on my current 9.6v NIMH RC packs very recently, to those newer/sturdier 5.5mmx2.1mm Male/Female Connectors! I feel much more comfortable about those since upgrading, because I've had the shitty Tamiya's fail on me at shows MORE than once in the past :P So I'm REALLY happy about being done with the Tamiya connectors ;D

And IMO, $125 to do a FULL checkup and repair for a V2 seems VERY fair to me too! Grace has always been a standup company though! I've been trying to get one of my older taper phriends to sell me his V2 cheap too, since he hasn't used it in like 10+ years. I'm still chipping away at him every chance that I get though lol ;D I saw someone sell a V2 on TS.com recently for like $300-$400. I was F'N blown away by that! That's certainly the cheapest I've ever seen one go for on ts.com FWIW :) Someone got an AMAZING deal that day haha! I remember trading a Sonosax SXM2 for a V2 around Christmas 2006, so that would've made the V2 worth around $750-$800 even back then. My buddy's V2 whom I'm trying to buy it from, bought his V2 NEW from Sonic Sense way back in the day, and he told me he paid like $1,200-$1,500 NEW for it back then. That's why he's having such a hard time selling it to me for around $500-$600, so I totally understand. But he's also got to understand that is how much they're selling for now. Same with his Apogee 1K and Tascam DAP1 back then. They were all around like $1,500/NEW back then! Hell, after I got the Optical Mod for my V3 back in the day, I had OVER $1,500 into it, and OVER $2,600 into my SD 722 in 2006 :P

That's why I am amazed that taping is dying, because HQ gear is MUCH CHEAPER than it used to be in the 1990's/2000's IMO! I mean a pair of $300 mics and a Tascam 70D and you're around $500 and have a decent lil rig!!!! You don't NEED HQ mics & HQ external Preamps & HQ external ADC's & HQ external recorders! You JUST really need HQ mics and a decently new recorder that already has kickass preamps/ADC's/Recorders built into it :) And the price of HQ external preamps is lower than ever because everyone is selling them to run all-in-one's! That's just FINE for me, because that means I'll get better deals on external preamps hahaha :)

Sorry for the slight threadjack yinz fellas lol ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version