Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ozone Elements free thru 6/5  (Read 3684 times)

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
Ozone Elements free thru 6/5
« on: May 26, 2020, 01:07:10 PM »
https://splice.com/plugins/38774457-ozone-9-elements-vst-au-by-izotope

Ozone Elements delivers essential mastering tools in one affordable package. Balance your audio in stereo with an improved Imager, featuring a new “Stereoize” mode that can bring transparent width and depth to narrow mixes. Quickly create a custom preset with Master Assistant, which listens to your audio and makes suggestions for loudness and tone. Work faster with improved plug-in performance, smoother metering, and resizable windows that let you see more of your sound without taking up your CPU.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Ozone Elements free thru 6/5
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:38:37 PM »
Thanks for this info. I have RX7 Standard as well as Ozone Elements 8 licensed. I'm still waiting to hear from Izotope if this can be a free upgrade from Elements 8 to 9.

At any rate, I have found that Elements 8 has been a very good addition to RX7 Standard.

The graphing in the equalizer is a huge upgrade. Plus the ability to adjust channel levels is another help.

I've also found the various presets are a nice starting point to help adjust what you are trying to achieve. If nothing else, give a trial a try to see what you can play with.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:08 PM »
Not sure where the other topic on this went which I replied to but...

Ozone (standard) is always on my master bus in Reaper, as I usually use the Maximizer with minimal settings to deal with random IM distortion and/or raise the levels of very quiet sections a bit.  On occasion I have used the EQ, I have found it to be excellent. 

Everyone should grab this!  Elements has the most-used things for concert recording included.

Regarding RX: I strongly advise getting the Standard version there, and NOT Elements, mainly because of Spectral Denoise and Spectral Repair.  Those are the two most useful modules for concert tapers, IMHO.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 03:32:21 PM »
Hmm, the version I downloaded for the Mac has the imager in it.

In Audacity, I searched for new effect, found Izotope Ozone 9, enabled it, and it shows up in the effects list.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »
It looks like they pealed off from this the free "Ozone Imager" bits that I use.

None the less, I downloaded it and let it install. Now, as with other VSTs, I'm having trouble getting the editor to find it.  ???

You might have to (re-)scan your VST folders, if your DAW won't do it automatically.

Screenshots of the Reaper and Samplitude dialog screens attached:

Offline nassau73

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 04:39:42 PM »
Ben Turnbull said:
Rescanned, reloaded rebooted... nada
================================================
Hmmm. 
Before I purchased and added Ozone Elements 8 to my RX7 installation, I also had the free Ozone Imager plugin. After I installed Ozone Elements 8, the free plugin still showed up.

I just installed this Ozone Elements 9 on a Windows 10 machine and clicking the plugins selection in RX7, all 3 Ozone plugins are listed.

Have you tried reinstalling the free Ozone Imager? But since it's already part of Ozone Elements, I find it much more convenient to have Imager in the same module as the EQ and Maximizer since RX7 Standard doesn't have a mastering rack like Adobe Audition.

Another thing you might try is installing the Izotope Product Portal. Log in to your iZotope account to check your authorizations and see if there are any updates. In fact, I'd recommend the product portal to anyone who only is using the Ozone Elements 9 free download that started this whole thread.

BTW, I heard back from iZotope to see if this was a free upgrade for Ozone Elements 8. They said that iZotope is not offering this for free. iZotope did say that they have a number of dealers, partners and resellers who give away various Elements packages for free all the time. This one was from SPLICE rather than iZotope.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »
fyi Ozone 9 is 64bit plugin only.  I couldn't figure out why it didn't work in Wavelab 6 but that's why :banging head:
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 12:17:35 PM »
ed. Finally got the authorization to stick.  not sure why.
Copy protection and DRM are both amazingly inconvenient for legal users.
Izotope customer service was helpful to me when I was moving my install of Sound Forge Pro (2014 Sony) to a new machine and needed to move my authorized plug ins.
It was a tremendous pain in the ass and I will do anything I can to avoid using that kind of thing in the future.
But now I got my legal software installed, and so I am damn well gonna use it. Can't recommend it though.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline nassau73

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »
I also received the
^ well, Dang it. So I opened up RX7/64 and there was the plug in option. Here to fore I was under the impression that only the 32bit version would "take" VST plugins. Well Ozone Elements 9 shows up so I go to work. It opened and I was prompted to authorize it. Fortunately I'd copied the sn that also presented on download. I plugged that number in and... it was invalid. Did it time out on me? Not sure where to go now... but forward.

I'm able to use the plug in w/o an authorization apparently. Will it "time out" and go away? Who knows. I'm 5min into a full file treatment based on the first run of the Master Assistant so we'll see soon enough.... Oh, looks like I have 10 days.

Finished the run. I see that the eq and maximizer sections "light" but the imager is grey. Humm

Thanks everyone who's reached out. I do appreciate it.

ed. Finally got the authorization to stick.  not sure why.

I ran into the same situation until I finally realized that you have to enter the entire string of the auth code starting with the SN-OZONE9ELE-

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 11:32:34 AM »
I just saw this on Reddit.  Great deal on full Ozone 9 Advanced

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-ozone-standard-crossgrade $83.16 with code: group

then

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-ozone-advanced-upgrade-from-ozone-9-standard $83.16 with code: group

Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 09:15:10 PM »
 :o
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com