Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What is a Blackfin Processor?  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
What is a Blackfin Processor?
« on: January 19, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
My new TASCAM DR70-D has a conspicuous "Blackfin Processor by Analog Devices" branding on the box.

I looked a bit a the Blackfin website - but couldn't really get a clear idea how it might pertain to the TASCAM...other than it's DSP tech -and it's in there.

Should I be excited about this!?

ilduclo

Re: What is a Blackfin Processor?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »

Offline GLouie

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:05:58 PM »
I looked inside my DR680 and it has an Analog Devices BF523 BlackFin DSP chip. My guess is that after A to D conversion (AKM AK4612EQ), the Blackfin handles all audio manipulations such as routing, mixing, processing, level control, limiter, filters, etc. You have to handle it somehow, AFAIK there is no handling of audio in the analog domain. The AKM handles D to A, too.

Maybe they got a discount on Blackfin chips by writing it on the box!

tomuo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 04:28:01 AM »
I looked inside my DR680 and it has an Analog Devices BF523 BlackFin DSP chip. My guess is that after A to D conversion (AKM AK4612EQ), the Blackfin handles all audio manipulations such as routing, mixing, processing, level control, limiter, filters, etc. You have to handle it somehow, AFAIK there is no handling of audio in the analog domain. The AKM handles D to A, too.

The BlackFin processor is the heart for all of our current generation DR recorders (except DR-10X), it is perfectly suited to control, SD card I/O and audio processing, etc.
We enjoy a close relationship with Analog Devices.

Tom (TASCAM)

Offline IowaClint

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:57:58 AM »

The BlackFin processor is the heart for all of our current generation DR recorders (except DR-10X), it is perfectly suited to control, SD card I/O and audio processing, etc.
We enjoy a close relationship with Analog Devices.

Tom (TASCAM)

I have a couple of Dev kit for both Blackfin and Shark.  They are pretty easy to work with but the Shark is where it is at. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com