Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cleaning my T-Amp?  (Read 4294 times)

Offline gkatz

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
Cleaning my T-Amp?
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
I have a topping TP-30 USB DAC. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=310-312 It's worked fine for the 6 months ive had it. I notice now that the volume control nob makes some static when I turn it up. I figure there's some dust in there or something. Would DeOxit be a good solution?

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Cleaning my T-Amp?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »
I have a topping TP-30 USB DAC. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=310-312 It's worked fine for the 6 months ive had it. I notice now that the volume control nob makes some static when I turn it up. I figure there's some dust in there or something. Would DeOxit be a good solution?

They also make a fader luber that cleans and lubricates....

By the way...how do you like the sound of this unit.  I was looking to get the TP-31 which adds a digi in...was going to use the unit as a headphone amp for the digi out on my sound card..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:33:08 PM by OOK »
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline gkatz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:44:21 AM »

They also make a fader luber that cleans and lubricates....

By the way...how do you like the sound of this unit.  I was looking to get the TP-31 which adds a digi in...was going to use the unit as a headphone amp for the digi out on my sound card..

I like the TP30 alot, it is my first ever foray into these types of units, and I would say that as a headphone amp, it is leaps and bounds above whatever I have had in the past. I have sennheiser HD280's, and a cheapish set of bookshelf speakers which I use with the amp. It looks and feels like a pretty expensive unit, alas it is the most expensive playback device I have ever owned. Definitely plenty of power. I don't know if others would agree with me, but I would describe the sound as transparent. Probably because I have only every listened thru cheap headphones on my computer's headphone out, and 20 dollar logitech computer speakers. The high frequencies sound natural, the bass is crisp and not overpowering or muddy. The only thing I wish this amp had was some EQ controls.

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »
I like the TP30 alot,

I love mine. I use it with my computer and it sounds great through Polk bookshelf speakers & Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline gkatz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »
I like the TP30 alot,

I love mine. I use it with my computer and it sounds great through Polk bookshelf speakers & Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Good to know! how long have you had yours for?

you have to admit the TP30 looks pretty nice with the machined front plate.

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »

Yes.

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:56:56 AM »

Close to a year.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline gkatz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »

Close to a year.

good to know! it really puts out alot of power. it really cranks my bookshelf speakers rated to 75 watts. I was thinking maybe it wouldn't when I was ordering.

thanks for the answers about deoxit.

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »
How does the USB feature work?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline gkatz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:29 PM »
How does the USB feature work?

it works pretty well, has a somewhat loose USB-B connection on the amp side, but that doesnt bother me since it stays on my desk at all times. I can kernel stream from foobar up to 16/48. I would say the USB connection sounds cleaner than the auxiliary inputs. My ipod does sound pretty good though when using the aux inputs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com