Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonosax sx-m2; any tips on gain and usage?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline reesey

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Artist Type
Sonosax sx-m2; any tips on gain and usage?
« on: July 28, 2004, 05:32:36 PM »
i will most likely be keeping my mini-me but if i get a good enough sound from my new sonosax, i might dump the a/d all together.  i run mk41/21's and cmc6xt bodies.  i have enjoyed the sound i got from the schoeps psp-3 but heard better ones with the psp-2.  plus i remember eliot running just 4s and 21s through a sonosax back in the nineties and thought it sounded sweet.  just wondering if anyone has suggestions on running straight to an M1 from the sonosax, and how i should configure my gain and rolloff for that, and/or for the line through the mini-me. 

thanks in advance people.
scott
mk4>kc5>cmc6xt>sx-m2>mt2496
d{^_^}b
       \~

Offline reesey

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Artist Type
Re: Sonosax sx-m2; any tips on gain and usage?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »
also what power solutions have people tried.  if rechargeable 9v's what maH are they and what power times were being found with different power supplies.
thanks again
mk4>kc5>cmc6xt>sx-m2>mt2496
d{^_^}b
       \~

Offline jbraveman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 08:46:54 PM »
I use 4022 > sonosax sx-m2 > M1.  I think the sound is very good.  There is no problem with gain.  I was told by someone else on the board to set the deck to 10 and dial the sonosax up or down.  The reason exactly I'm not clear, but it seems to work fine.  I just got the D100 remote and that makes it much easier to set the levels without having to turn my M1 on it's head to see the display.  I've just started using the powerex recharables in the M1 (AA) and the Sx-2 (9v).  I haven not done any time tests yet.

Josh

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
I've run the sax to dap1,d100,ad2k, mme, sbm1, and modsbm and have had great results just going directly to the d100.

as far as the modsbm a/d vs. the d100 a/d, you can definitely tell which is which, but in some cases I think the d100 a/d sounded really good particularly for loud hard rock fob situations. And some cases where I ran sax>modsbm I would even say the sax>d100 would've turned out better because they wouldn't have been as heavy on the low end.

Offline dr.ph0b

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • powpow!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 01:56:08 AM »
funny you say that, cause ive recently been running one set with sonosax->modsbm1->M1 and one with just sonosax->M1 and i have to say, im liking the sonosax->M1 alot better.  which is no prob with me... the less gear the better :) and u cant get much smaller than capsules->kcy->sonosax->M1    damn i love my lemosax sooo much more then the VMS!  thanks to brian skalinder for bringing its existance to my attention :)   
sold :(  MK4v->KCY->Sonosax SX-M2/LS2->modSBM1->M1
m-s: mk8/mk4v

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com