Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

FLAC Commandline Question

(1/3) > >>

admkrk:
I am probably overlooking something really simple, but...

flac *.wav outputs to the same directory, but I want to redirect the output to a different directory. The -o switch will do that, but it seems to only work on one file at a time. "Just use TLH" is not the solution I am looking for, before anyone suggests that.

Thanks

morst:
I have never used it from the command line but the man page suggests this option?
https://linux.die.net/man/1/flac

--- Quote -----output-prefix=string
Prefix each output file name with the given string. This can be useful for encoding or decoding files to a different directory. Make sure if your string is a path name that it ends with a trailing '/' (slash).
--- End quote ---

admkrk:
Thanks, not sure how I missed that, and it sounds like it should work. Unfortunately it is erroring out for me on the first file

--- Quote ---devon2016-04-14t01.wav: ERROR initializing encoder
                        init_status = FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_INIT_STATUS_ENCODER_E
RROR
                        state = FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_IO_ERROR

An error occurred opening the output file; it is likely that the output
directory does not exist or is not writable, the output file already exists and
is not writable, or the disk is full.
--- End quote ---
I am going to have to look up the error code to get a better idea of what the problem is, because the suggestions are not true.

--- Quote from: morst on February 20, 2017, 02:37:49 PM ---I have never used it from the command line but the man page suggests this option?
https://linux.die.net/man/1/flac

--- Quote -----output-prefix=string
Prefix each output file name with the given string. This can be useful for encoding or decoding files to a different directory. Make sure if your string is a path name that it ends with a trailing '/' (slash).
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

morst:
Did you create the new directory first? And the target drive is not full?

--- Quote from: admkrk on February 20, 2017, 04:17:35 PM ---An error occurred opening the output file; it is likely that the output directory does not exist or is not writable, the output file already exists and
--- End quote ---

admkrk:
Yes. It worked with

--- Quote ---flac -o H:\temp\temp\devon2016-04-14t01.flac H:\temp\devon2016-04-14t01.wav
--- End quote ---
But I get the error with

--- Quote ---flac H:\temp\*.wav --output-prefix=H:\temp\temp/
--- End quote ---
I tried with the trailing slash the other way, and without it. Putting the switch before the source did not work either.

And yes, I deleted first converted file before trying it. I just tried again with the -o switch and the wildcard, both worked as expected.

--- Quote from: morst on February 20, 2017, 05:15:37 PM ---Did you create the new directory first? And the target drive is not full?

--- Quote from: admkrk on February 20, 2017, 04:17:35 PM ---An error occurred opening the output file; it is likely that the output directory does not exist or is not writable, the output file already exists and
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version