Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Opinions on this Battery Box? And 48v Adapter for PIP?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline glennjr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Professional Chinese Voice Over
Opinions on this Battery Box? And 48v Adapter for PIP?
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:05:50 AM »
Hey everyone! Thought I'd piggyback on another thread with this question but doesn't seem like it worked. So will start my own.

I'm looking for a couple battery boxes for my newly purchased CA-14's from the yard sale. I was hoping to find something "in stock" and ready to go, but seems like there's not much out there in that department. Then I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270620193225

Doesn't say much, but the numbers seem to add up OK. Opinions?

Also, is there anything out there you guys are using to power these mics using +48 Phantom power, something similar to what Naiant is offering, the Phantom power adaptor for PIP? Looking for minijack to dual XLR.

Hoping to see what options are out there. Stealth is NOT a consideration for this.

Thanks!
ChineseVocal.com  - Professional Chinese Voice Over

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
Re: Opinions on this Battery Box? And 48v Adapter for PIP?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »
I have come across that battery box over at eBay a good couple of times... I don't know if the freqs. will be optimal for what we do or not...
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Opinions on this Battery Box? And 48v Adapter for PIP?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
Naiant's PFA is the only such product on the market I know of. 

So, as I see it you have two options...place your order with Jon now and get in the queue to have one made.  ;)  Or if you want one quickly, post an ISO in the yard sale and hope someone wants to sell one that he's already made. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com