Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic GS150  (Read 2632 times)

Offline unataper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Panasonic GS150
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:31:27 PM »
Does anyone here own this camera? I am thinking about purchasing it but am concerned about the whole "low light" issues. Can anyone that actually owns the camera give any input?
"For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's people's games you have to dodge." -Bob Dylan

Offline hummat

• Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
Re: Panasonic GS150
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:08:36 PM »
Recently got a Panasonic GS65 series cameras myself (was more concerned about the 3CCDs rather than still Image MegaPixel numbers, didn;t relaize about the lens till it was too late).  It's first "real night out" will be this weekend, and I'll chime back in afterwards with some feedback.  But I did take it out for a bit of a test run last week.  It handled the low-light/spotlight a LOT better than the old consumer grade Canon I was previously using.  Where the Canon would produce a very grainy image in odd light situations, the Pasnasonic was VERY clean.

Since I took it out on a test run and wasn't planning on using the footage, I may have visited the bar more than I should have.  Taped the opening band, changed the tape for the headliner.  About 5 minutes into their set, the crowd finaly showed up and I broke down and moved back to the bar.  Somehow I misplaced the first tape, so I only had a few minutes of footage to go back and watch.  I eventually found the first tape in the washing machine a couple of days ago!!!!  It's been drying out, and with any luck it'll be OK.  I'll take a look at it tonight and be back here tomorrow.

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »
My biggest problem with the Panasonic GS120 is that the image stabilization function doesn't work in low light conditions, resulting in a shaky picture unless I have the camera on a tripod   --   that's why I told unataper to see if they have addressed that issue with the GS150.   If anyone has one of these models, maybe you can fill us in?

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 09:14:30 AM »
Here's a pretty decent review (and comparison w/ other models in this product line):

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Panasonic-PV-GS150-Camcorder-Review.htm
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline TurnItOut

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »
I bought the GS250 and love it...the low light situations worried me as well.  However, after using it for the past two months I am very pleased.  If you can swing it, get the GS250 from BeachCamera..highly recommend them

Offline unataper

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
well, after doing more research, I am leaning towards the Panasonic’s PV-GS250. Just have to save a little longer, but it appears that this model will be more suited to my needs. Anyone know what the best price is on this one? So far, it's looking like $708 after a $50 rebate, from profeel.com.

Thanks for the input.
Cecil
"For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's people's games you have to dodge." -Bob Dylan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com