Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Yet another battery box (pics enclosed)  (Read 3031 times)

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Yet another battery box (pics enclosed)
« on: April 25, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »
I've built yet another battery box, this time using the insides of an old AT8531 phantom power module.

Outside:

Inisde:

I'm not likely to build these for others ... it requires a fair amount of work (dremmel off the AA battery holder at the end of the box, epoxy a second miniXLR to replace the regular XLR connector on the box) and parts (hey, I only have a limited (???) supply of AT853 and accessories!).  I'm just showing what can be done.

I might build some more of my older style (slightly bigger Hammond PVC box) in the coming weeks, but if you need something right away, head over to Church Audio.

Next project: Nak hacking!

Richard

Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Re: Yet another battery box (pics enclosed)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 04:46:23 AM »
Genuis!

Next, can you figure out a way of stopping the 1/8" mini from popping out of the Nomad? With the locking connectors (mini-XLRs) securely holding the mic leads to the bb, thats the achilles heel of a stealth setup..
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Re: Yet another battery box (pics enclosed)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:30:53 PM »
Genuis!

Next, can you figure out a way of stopping the 1/8" mini from popping out of the Nomad? With the locking connectors (mini-XLRs) securely holding the mic leads to the bb, thats the achilles heel of a stealth setup..

That is easy.  Use velcro.  Put a strip of velcro on the back/side of the recorder.  Wrap a piece of mating velcro around the mic cable, at the connector.  I usually just use a staple to hold it on.  Then clip the velcro together.  I use this on my MD, should be fine on NJB3 too:

You can see the velcro on the wire at (lower right of figure, but not hooked to MD in this rig):

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com