Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MixPre-6 w/ MX-LMount, Sony NP-F570, Hawk-Woods Dummy, & RAVPower 23000  (Read 9112 times)

Offline nolamule

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
Finally pulled all the pieces together for my MixPre-6 external power source. I know the Anker PowerCore+ external solution would have been easier and less expensive but I am not sold on the durability of the USB-C port for field use. This solution also leaves streaming from the USB-C port as an option in the future. When I made the decision to go this route, I contacted Hawk-Woods and had them make me a custom Sony dummy with a 2.5mm right angle plug instead of the hirose, this saved me the extra coin on a hirose to external adapter. I am not sure how the MP-LMount pulls power from the dual batteries but I am hoping the RAV will act as the primary so I can hot swap the external with the NPF as the backup.

Testing setup: Firmware 1.11, Custom Mode w/ Basic Gain, Brightness 1 & 1, Monitor gain at 40, 2 channel phantom, and recording ISOs and L/R Mixes, Bluetooth on
Source: MK41s > KCY 250/5 > JT inters > +60V PFA > MP6

RAVPower 23000 only - 14 hours
Sony NP-F570 - 1.5 hours

I will add more run times as I perform 4-channel and line-in tests.  :cheers:

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline nolamule

• Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
I went with the Hawk-Woods because the regulator was integrated into the dummy cell and I could get a right angle plug installed, no need for further modification.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CJ6Hm7PGidUCFRBYDQodi4IGQw&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1124612

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
question? what is the safe dc voltage range for the 3/6 series . would a 9 volt dc feed be to much or does it need to be 7.2 . i have an unregulated dummy cell that ive had for a while .
I could use it on my 7xx  at 9 volt with no problems although i never really needed it. the 7xx has a voltage range from 7.2 up to 16 i think . any way i cant  find any  ranges on the manual.

Offline nolamule

• Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
I am not sure what the safe dc voltage is but the Hawk-Woods dummy regulates to 8V. Since this dummy is on the approved SD list, I would think that 9V would be too high but I couldn't find a definitive value either.

question? what is the safe dc voltage range for the 3/6 series . would a 9 volt dc feed be to much or does it need to be 7.2 . i have an unregulated dummy cell that ive had for a while .
I could use it on my 7xx  at 9 volt with no problems although i never really needed it. the 7xx has a voltage range from 7.2 up to 16 i think . any way i cant  find any  ranges on the manual.

Offline nolamule

• Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
I sent an email to SD support and they responded that the max DC input voltage for the MixPre-3/6 recorders is 8.4V.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
Re: MixPre-6 w/ MX-LMount, Sony NP-F570, Hawk-Woods Dummy, & RAVPower 23000
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:03:17 PM »
I sent an email to SD support and they responded that the max DC input voltage for the MixPre-3/6 recorders is 8.4V.

Thanks for finding out that the max DC input voltage for the MixPre-3/6 recorders is 8.4V!

:cheers:

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: MixPre-6 w/ MX-LMount, Sony NP-F570, Hawk-Woods Dummy, & RAVPower 23000
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 12:32:37 AM »
I went with the Hawk-Woods because the regulator was integrated into the dummy cell and I could get a right angle plug installed, no need for further modification.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CJ6Hm7PGidUCFRBYDQodi4IGQw&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1124612

I ended going for the hawk-woods solution   and prefer it to using USB-c, although that works also...
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com