Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

DPA MPS6010

(1/3) > >>

jerryfreak:
can this circuit be tweaked?

its a dual purpose battery box that can either transform P48 from the xlrs into microdot power, or use the 9V to provide microdot power. problem being, like other DPA solutions its drops the voltage from 9V to ~2.5V under load. Ive been told by Bruce Myers and Len and others that best results for mini DPAs is ~8V. Im not sure about the new microdot-powered full sized actives, hard to get a straight answer from DPA anymore

so id like to:
a)increase voltage to mic by swapping some resistors
b)pull off an unbalanced out and put a female trs jack in the case. would i just pull off pin 2 and leave pin 3 float in that case?

the red caps are larger than the purple ones. red are non-polarized, purple are polarized, both are 50V 10uF. From the XLRs black=pin1, red=pin2, yellow=pin3. the black and red wires at the top of the first pic go to the microdot mic connectors

the entire perimeter of that board layout as well as the two cross-connections under the resistors are all ground common to the battery, XLRs, and microdot connections

not sure what the small gold things are, i get random resistance measurements on those which should be a symmetrical 2-channel circuit. are they small caps or something?

jerryfreak:
some of the hidden traces illustrated in pink

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on July 22, 2019, 11:26:46 PM ---not sure what the small gold things are, i get random resistance measurements on those which should be a symmetrical 2-channel circuit. are they small caps or something?

--- End quote ---

Could these be diodes?

jerryfreak:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on July 23, 2019, 01:58:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: jerryfreak on July 22, 2019, 11:26:46 PM ---not sure what the small gold things are, i get random resistance measurements on those which should be a symmetrical 2-channel circuit. are they small caps or something?

--- End quote ---

Could these be diodes?

--- End quote ---

interesting ill test them with diode beep tester

H₂O:
They look like diodes to me. - The black ring is the output side (or what points in the direction of current flow) - You do get a voltage drop across any diode and it can be substantial

Usually in power supplies they are used either for protection or slight voltage adjustments or both

Also note that the caps in the pics look like typical electrolytic caps which are almost always polarized - see [size=78%]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolytic_capacitor[/size]
[/size][size=78%]  [/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version