Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Millennia Preamp

(1/5) > >>

pohaku:
I know that separate preamps have somewhat fallen out of favor with the plethora of high quality all in one recorders, but does anyone here run one of the Millennia portable preamps?  What do you think of them?  Mulling acquiring one as it can do double duty for studio recording as well.

jcable77:
I was going to ask you a while back, when I noticed it was in your list of pre's, Ive been curious about em as well.

pohaku:
I have a couple TD1s, which are transportable, but not really portable in a way that tapers would like. And they require 120v.  I’m looking at the newer smaller models that can be battery powered.  They make a single and double channel unit.  They aren’t that common, or at least I don’t see much in the way of used units for sale.  The TD1s are kind of a Swiss Army knife in that they have a single channel of transparent pre, together with tube and solid state DI, reamp, and EQ.  And the lights are festive.  The pres are nice and similar to Grace pres (another flavor of transparent).  I wouldn’t mind another pair, but thought the more taper friendly version would be more useful at this point.

jcable77:
The HV32P is interesting looking. And the lights are definitely festive! Id like to hear what it can do.

pohaku:
I’ve been looking for one at a decent price, but haven’t seen anything yet.  Mostly the usual vendors selling at the same “street” price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version