Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Current/former UA5 users

(1/3) > >>

Twenty8:
The time has come for me to take out my UA5s.
I own two Oade mods: one Warm+ and one ACM+

Current/former users of the UA5:
What are a few caveats to their use (besides power polarity)?
What are some things I need to look out for?  The do's and do not's.

I am sure to read up on the quick and dirty on their dedicated threads, but what should I know/what can I learn from your experiences.

They will be run as follows: beyerdynamic mc950 > Oade mod UA5 > Tascam DR680mkii at two TAB shows at The Civic Theatre here in New Orleans next weekend.

Thanks for any info on the sensitivity knobs with hot mic outputs, monitor level info (I don't monitor), and the output knob level in front of the deck.

anodyne33:
I used one for many years. The only 'getcha' I remember is remembering to hit the phantom button each time you power up, right kids?

Twenty8:
The information I am having a hard time finding is on the sensitivity knob settings for each mic and the output knob.
My ASSUMPTION is that I should turn up the sensitivity and drive the mics analog before they make it to my deck.

In combing through old threads, its difficult to find usage recommendations.  In part, yes; in parcel, no.

yug du nord:
If I remember correctly, the output knob only affects the analog output.
It does not affect the digital output.

kuba e:
I think the output knob is only for the headphones.  You can easily try it. I also think the monitor button has no influence. It works only when you are connected to the computer via usb. I remember I switched on the Lo-Z button too. If you are using the digital output there is ADV switch in the rear panel for sample rate 96 kHz. And as Anodyne said don't forget the phantom button.

Have a fun with ua5. I like it. I was using it with microtrack recorder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version