Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping in Today's Environment!  (Read 14055 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Taping in Today's Environment!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 08:56:55 PM »
though there may be an increase in patdowns and such.... though I wonder, has anyone ever found a gun in a patdown at a music venue??.... I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as low-key  as finding a camera or something and just having the security guy tell you you'll have to take it back to the car....

Saw Springsteen a few months ago with my bro and his wife. His wife and I went through the same line and breezed through...but my bro was hung up in the line next to us. Turned out the dude in front of him had a knife and he was pissed he wasn't allowed in with it. Some people are stupid. Don't think there were any malicious intent, but who the fuck thinks they're going to be allowed to bring a fucking knife into a venue with metal detectors?
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline kubacheck

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My Flickr site
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
though there may be an increase in patdowns and such.... though I wonder, has anyone ever found a gun in a patdown at a music venue??.... I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as low-key  as finding a camera or something and just having the security guy tell you you'll have to take it back to the car....

Saw Springsteen a few months ago with my bro and his wife. His wife and I went through the same line and breezed through...but my bro was hung up in the line next to us. Turned out the dude in front of him had a knife and he was pissed he wasn't allowed in with it. Some people are stupid. Don't think there were any malicious intent, but who the fuck thinks they're going to be allowed to bring a fucking knife into a venue with metal detectors?

funnily enough and kinda off-topic, but I was flying home from Nashville last weekend (with my gear) and the TSA guy manning the X-ray machine called some others over while I was waiting for my bags to come through the machine... thought for a minute they were pondering my gear, I've been detained with it before... then they pulled a bag out and asked whose it was?? it wasn't mine, but a woman behind me said it was hers.... I happened to get a look at the image on the screen and there was a BIG honking knife clearly visible in the suitcase.... she was mortified, but all the TSA guys said was that she'd have to check the bag....

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »

Talked to security years ago at the HOB. At a Willie Nelson show they said the hand wands picked up 7 guns. These people thought nothing of bring a gun into the venue. With security at the MGM talking to security they said they would find a gun about every other show a a pocket knife every show.

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
I can understand the knife issue.  I carry a pocket knife on me these days.  Not for protection, but just for utilitarian purposes (its surprising how often it comes in handy).  Its really easy to forget its there sometimes.  Usually remember to leave it at home, but have forgotten at times and had to stash it in my shoe.  Obviously not everyone brings one by mistake, but its easy to overlook if its just always on you.

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »

funnily enough and kinda off-topic, but I was flying home from Nashville last weekend (with my gear) and the TSA guy manning the X-ray machine called some others over while I was waiting for my bags to come through the machine... thought for a minute they were pondering my gear, I've been detained with it before... then they pulled a bag out and asked whose it was?? it wasn't mine, but a woman behind me said it was hers.... I happened to get a look at the image on the screen and there was a BIG honking knife clearly visible in the suitcase.... she was mortified, but all the TSA guys said was that she'd have to check the bag....

Right up to the words "BIG honking" I thought this was going somewhere else when I first read it...

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
I had an interesting experience along these lines at a certain venue this week.  It's actually (still) a working place of worship that also has concerts.  Things have definitely changed in the recent environment so they had armed guards at all the doors.  The doors were locked and they had to let you in (ticket in hand).  Any bags were fully searched.  So I had the fun of taking my standard rig out of my backpack piece by piece and spread over a table to be checked.  It was all electronic equipment so passed so I guess not a strict no gear situation (though not open taping either).  I guess we need to be ready for more of this sort of thing.   
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
The uptown amphitheater in Charlotte never wanded before in my experience, but they did use them tonight for a death cab for cutie show I am at.

I don't know if this is new due to the pulse incident because I haven't been at this venue since last fall.

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
The uptown amphitheater in Charlotte never wanded before in my experience, but they did use them tonight for a death cab for cutie show I am at.

I don't know if this is new due to the pulse incident because I haven't been at this venue since last fall.

I got wanded last week at Uptown for Steve Miller. And a few weeks ago at PNC Pavillion for Steely Dan. I think it's new this year, at least at the Charlotte sheds. But you can bring a freezer baggie full of food in........
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com