Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: apogee casing  (Read 5789 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
apogee casing
« on: October 25, 2002, 09:26:56 PM »
Just curious as to what people are using to hold the ad1000.  I would like to have it nestled in something, as opposed to nothing.  Something lightweight would be nice, as the 12/12 brick I have to power it, was making me feel like I was 50 last night, asnd I am only 23 :D

Thanks

Daryan

Tim

Re:apogee casing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 09:49:44 PM »
You can find someone to build you a nice wooden case  for it that will keep your rear connections from getting jostled as well as protecting the front knobs. Some of my friends from St.Louis built one with little computer fans attached to keep the thing cool.

I know Ben used to build the boxes and Van also but I don't know if either still does, shit I haven't seen or heard from Van since Phish stopped touring so I'd hit up Ben  :)

If not I have seen people use wire shelving to achieve the same thing. Check the Oade archives, I think there are some pictures up.

Good luck, that's a great piece of gear, I remember the first time I ran one with my rig. I was just so amazed at how much more I liked my tapes. I knew that the ad1k sounded good but until I heard what it sounded like with my rig I just had no idea. Sold my Dmic20 about a week later and bought a 500e just to get that Apogee sound...

Tim

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 10:47:42 PM »
Another thing that ive seen done is people build cages around them with the wire stuff thats used for closet shelving.  Its really easy to cut with bolt cuters, just make sure to file down those sharp ends!

Jonny

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 04:30:10 AM »
Tim, just thought I would let you know that Van and Rick will both be at the Phish NYE run.  Van with the 4's, Rick with the 41's, and I will have the tubes.  Team Schoeps will represent!!!!
Fuck MSG!!!

Tim

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 04:56:27 AM »
Good to hear!! I'll be at Hampton. It's been a long time since I've seen any of that crew... damn I'm excited. Of course I was still a w00k when I knew those guys  ;)

Tim
p.s. team neumann will bring home the g00dz!!

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 08:54:23 AM »
We will see about that!   ;D  I will love to compare tapes after the shows!  Peace,
Dave
Fuck MSG!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com