Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 1/8" to two 1/4" for Microtrack?  (Read 8653 times)

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
Re: 1/8" to two 1/4" for Microtrack?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
Both of those 1/4' cables are NOT TRS, do you guys notice a difference.  You asked for a 1/8' to TRS 1/4, but that sounpro box is just TS.  What do you think?

I'm speaking with a high degree of ignorance in the area but I think you would only want a TS connection since the
1/8" is already unbalanced.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »
pjdavep: big +t for the effort. thats a hell of an idea to make a mold.

CHURCH-AUDIO

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »
I can make you a cable with 2mm O.D mogami and right angle connectors for alot less then $70.00
PM me if your interested.

Chris Church

Just curious, does anyone make a cable that's small/stealthy/low profile/etc that'll take my 1/8" out from my MMA6000 box, into the MicroTrack's dual 1/4" TRS?   

Soundprofessionals has their dongle for $30, but it's not so great for stealthing, since it's pretty freakin huge and not very flexible.  They have a $70 one that looks a lot more low profile... but if I'm spending that much $$, wouldn't I be able to get a good cable that could do the same thing, and potentially have right angle connections for the TRS and just work out better overall?  I've been looking around, but all i see are the traditional types of cables and none that are "designed" for the Microtrack...     

any help is appreciated.  (oh and I'm not a DIY kind of person when it comes to cables, so I'm looking to buy something if it's possible, not make something since I suck at it).

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 02:33:21 PM »
wouldn't one of these work, for $29 ??
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/mas_assets/full/SP-MICROTRACK-MINI-TRS-A.jpg
(or is this not what you're describing)

Offline dmaster

• Taperssection Member
  • dance spaceghost dance!
    • ToriTraders
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
wouldn't one of these work, for $29 ??
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/mas_assets/full/SP-MICROTRACK-MINI-TRS-A.jpg
(or is this not what you're describing)

when I made the post originally, they didn't have it with right angle connectors.

I've since spent $100 on two separate interfaces that I don't really like a whole lot, and that one doesn't look like it'll address my issue with it being non-stealthy anyway since it looks like it'll come off at least 1-2 inches on the back of the MT.  That's not stealthy to have a huge bulge coming out of a jacket or your pants or wherever you're going to keep a microtrack.  (unless you want people to stare at a bulge in your pants, but personall I'd prefer not to give people any reason to stare at me when i'm trying to not attract attention).

So, I'm just going to make my own until I make something that I actually like and can use on a regular basis without it being inconvenient.  I think SP is on the right track, but they never actually use their own products so they can't really know how inconvenient they are most of the time.   (and the MT-INTERFACE they have is a good start, but the cable connecting on the left side rather than the top is pretty crappy to me, since with a large 1-2 inch connector, you're having the unit stick out to the side.   I want compact and simple, not clunky and un-stealthy. 

So, I'm just going to learn to do it myself.   

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 03:07:09 PM »
yeah, know your dilema, I'm in the same boat as you (once I get a MT2496). But what about this link ?

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/mas_assets/full/ISI-SPA-PM4.jpg

Those Right Angle plugs aren't bad at all, just need the other end of the cable to accept a 1/8" (male) plug
(thats' coming from either my battery box and/or SP-PREAMP)

Offline dmaster

• Taperssection Member
  • dance spaceghost dance!
    • ToriTraders
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 05:35:21 PM »
yeah, know your dilema, I'm in the same boat as you (once I get a MT2496). But what about this link ?

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/mas_assets/full/ISI-SPA-PM4.jpg

Those Right Angle plugs aren't bad at all, just need the other end of the cable to accept a 1/8" (male) plug
(thats' coming from either my battery box and/or SP-PREAMP)

with a small preamp/box that might be okay.  Notice that your plugs are roughly the same freaking size as the damn microtrack itself.  That is something I consider unacceptable, since if you're stealthing you don't need excessively large parts when small ones are available at some point.   I've seen plenty of small connectors out there and think that it'd be worth the potential compromise in quality to use the smallest stuff you can get.   Myself, I have the MMA6000 battery box/preamp (I don't know what it's considered I guess) and that thing is as big as the MT already, so another thing the same size is just not what I'm going for.

I like the epoxied one earlier in the thread a lot and I'd like to make something similar honestly, since that looks about as minimal as you can get. 

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »
I haven't made a cable before so I like to know where to connect the wires in the 1/4 plugs. I've got 2X 1/4 plugs and a 1/8 plug already wired so hopefully someone can advise me what to do.
Thanks!
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com