Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK SC-1  (Read 2357 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
ADK SC-1
« on: March 04, 2004, 08:25:38 PM »
How do these sound? Worth the price. Could get a new unmatched pair with shockmounts for 180.00. Worth it or not? How would these stack up against the AKG C1000's I have. I know one advantage to the 1000's is the hyper caps, and I know I would loose this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
Re:ADK SC-1
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 08:35:39 PM »
Calling Nick...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 10:46:20 PM »
You can get the a51 fixed card large diaphram mics for pretty cheap too

zowie

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 11:57:06 PM »
While we're at it, what about the expanded ADK line?  There are a lot that look like they could be alternatives to the A51 LE/TL but virtually no user info.

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 09:48:04 AM »
I agree, we need to find out more about these mices and how they sound for us out in the field.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:20:32 AM »
I have a set of ADK A51S LEs (Type IV).  JasonB. used to have a set of A51S (Type V) I think, and Brian Costigan used to own a set of A51S LEs (Type VI).  The new LE sets, the Hamburgs and the Viennas are (from what I gathered) basically "warm" and "pres" mods of the Type VIs.

I'm not sure of the SD ADKs, they have not been too highly recommended by JP, but he says he is wokrng on it.

As for my mics.  I LOVE them, although I'd be willing to trade them for another set of ADKs of some sort...  

Jason B. is a big ADK fluffer, although he went U89 and MG recently...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »
I'm waiting (impatiently, i may add) for the new ADK SC-T's from sonicsense. I'll let ya'all know how they work out...

Biggest bummer is having ALL my other gear and no mics yet to go taping. The shows that have been around here the past week have all been soundboard patch UNfriendly, so I haven't even been able to take the UA-5 and JB3 out for a run...

Save a tree, eat a beaver

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com