Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Video taper newbie (looking for advice)  (Read 3546 times)

Offline NOTHINGFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Video taper newbie (looking for advice)
« on: February 25, 2005, 11:28:51 PM »
Hello everyone.  Nice site you guys got here.  As you can tell, I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice/tips/suggestions for stealth video taping at shows.

I just bought a Canon ZR-50MC Mini DV Camcorder. 

Now I know that this isn't the smallest one on the shelf, but, its all I could afford at the moment.  Can you guys give me any advice on how you usually sneak these in the venues (for bands that don't allow video).   Plus, how do you guys film?  Besides tripods, do you just set it on your lap, and cover it with a coat or something like that?   I'm sure these questions been asked quite a few times, but I just don't have the time to read through all of these threads/posts.  I appologize if I gave anyone heartache over this.  Any help/advice/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way, as most of you can tell by my avatar (I know, old school), I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan, and they do not allow video taping.
Audio: SP-CMC-4U > custom battery box > iRiver h120 with Rockbox
Video: Sony DCR-HC21

Offline NOTHINGFAN

• Taperssection Member
Re: Video taper newbie (looking for advice)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 09:48:35 PM »
We are audio tapers, and not so much video tapers.
I'm gonna move the thread down to the video fourm, and hopefully the few folk that we have that do video can help you.

Good luck!

Hey, thanks Moke.  Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.
Audio: SP-CMC-4U > custom battery box > iRiver h120 with Rockbox
Video: Sony DCR-HC21

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
Re: Video taper newbie (looking for advice)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
I don't like stealthing shows with video, and only do it for bands I really like that don't allow taping.  I've always crotched the camera (wear 2 pairs of underwear and stuff your camera between them).  It's uncomfortable as hell, but I've never been caught that way.

Once inside, head for the balcony or upper level of the venue.   If it's a stadium show and not sold out, you can probably find a seat with a few empty seats in front of you, which will allow you to set your camcorder in your lap and cover it with a t-shirt or jacket.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com