Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: disregard  (Read 2519 times)

Offline branas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
disregard
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:52:28 AM »
nevermind
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:05:42 AM by branas »
Mobile - C414B-XLS/ST->V3->744T
Home/Studio - Various Mics->RNP/Vintech Dual72/Focusrite OctoPre->Digi002->ProToolsLE

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Question about makeshift 12v V3 batt setup
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 11:27:15 AM »
So, my V3 is arriving today, and, the more I read it seems that I should have ordered the 6v version, but anyways, I can just change the jumpers later right?

The 6v and 12v V3s are identical physically, they're simply calibrated differently.

A 6v V3 will run on a >= 6v battery.  Only catch:  the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features may not work properly because they're calibrated for a 6v SLA battery - specifically, low battery indicator set to trigger at 5.75v and auto-shutoff at 5v.  If you use a battery with a low battery indicator, like the popular li-ion batteries, it's no big deal and not really necessary to recalibrate.

A 12v V3 battery will run on a >= 12v battery.  It will not run on a battery < 12v (e.g. 9v li-ion) because the low battery indicator is set to trigger at 11.5v and auto-shutoff at 10v.  In this case, you'll need to recalibrate.

To recalibrate, see the V3 voltage calibration PDF from Grace Design.

For now though, because I want to run this tomorrow night, I have an existing 12v pack that I have used for my MT 24/96 before upgrading to the 744. See here for pics of setup for Microtrack:

http://www.branas.org/files/HowTo/IMG_1063-small.jpg

I was comfortable running this to the Microtrack previously because the cigarette plug/usb combination I know had some kind of fuse in it. But now, if I go straight to the V3, should I put a fuse or something inline? What would you suggest? Any help appreciated.

Yeah, you should use a fuse.  But if you're only going to use it once or twice, it's not critical, just a calculated risk.  I recommend using a 9v / 5400 mAH li-ion batt with the V3 - light and compact with good run-times.  These are marketed as universal DVD batteries and sold under various brands / models:  Lenmar DVD-U9, Initial RB-270, Memorex (sorry, forget the model), etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com