Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 722 battery info (About the Battery Bud)  (Read 10342 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Re: 722 battery info (About the Battery Bud)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
Thanks John R.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
I went the dummy battery route as well after some flakey cam corder batts.  Picked up the Sony dummy sled and 4 each 7V 4000 mah lion batts from batteryspace.com and built a pack to power the V3 and the 722.  I ditched my walmart lions, and store the new lions in a pelican.  Works rather nicely, IMO. 
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 10:26:46 PM »
I went the dummy battery route as well after some flakey cam corder batts.  Picked up the Sony dummy sled and 4 each 7V 4000 mah lion batts from batteryspace.com and built a pack to power the V3 and the 722.  I ditched my walmart lions, and store the new lions in a pelican.  Works rather nicely, IMO. 

got a link for those 7v lions matt? i want HQ lion batts that are more reliable than the walmart ones. i ideally want like a 7v 9000mah battery without having to wire multiple batteries in parallel to get the mah up to around 9000

it would be nice if they sold a 7.2v 9000mah lion battery, might have to search around
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 11:47:19 PM »
Hey thegreatgumbino can you post a pick or to of dummy battery that you made.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »

got a link for those 7v lions matt? i want HQ lion batts that are more reliable than the walmart ones. i ideally want like a 7v 9000mah battery without having to wire multiple batteries in parallel to get the mah up to around 9000

it would be nice if they sold a 7.2v 9000mah lion battery, might have to search around

I used these, but they have several others that would work.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2456
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 06:58:30 AM »

I don't have any pics, but I'll try to snap some later.  It's basically the same setup that Fozzy is running.  He's got some pics posted in a few threads if you search for 722 dummy batt.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »
thegreatgumbino thanks I saw Fozzy post. So what dose it cost to make one of dummy battery.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
thegreatgumbino thanks I saw Fozzy post. So what dose it cost to make one of dummy battery.

The batteries I got were $27 a piece.  I bought the same charger that Fozzy showed in his thread for $100.  The dummy cell can be had for $5 to $40 on ebay dependent upon how patient you are.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »

I don't have any pics, but I'll try to snap some later.  It's basically the same setup that Fozzy is running.  He's got some pics posted in a few threads if you search for 722 dummy batt.

Here are some crappy pics of my power setup.  I've got 4 each 4000 mah lion batteries from batteryspace.com.  They are run in parallel for a total of 16000 mah.  I run a Sony dummy cell batt to the 722 and a modified Leegeddy RA V3 power cord to power both devices.  Much thanks to Fozzy for the idea and the help.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »
tits Matt, lookin good brotha! thats crazy that 4 x 7.4v 4000mah batts fit in a pelican 1040 nonetheless :)

Nice work as usual!

My dummy cell is powered by 3 x 3000mah 7.2v NIMH RC batts wired in papallel so I essentially have a 7.2v 9000mah NIMH battery, but its no 16,000mah battery ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 11:59:52 PM »
Hey thegreatgumbino is that a SoniCase that you are using in the pick. Looks nice how dose it work.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
Hey thegreatgumbino is that a SoniCase that you are using in the pick. Looks nice how dose it work.

It works quite well.  Not as protective as the Lowpro bags, but I like the functionality and moisture flaps.  I use the 4 shelf and have 2 accessory bags, fwiw.

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 01:05:56 PM »
pretty badass power setup Matt  ;D
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

Thanks, Mikey!  I dig it.  It's nice to be able to run the V3 & 722 off the same power setup. 

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »

Thanks, Mikey!  I dig it.  It's nice to be able to run the V3 & 722 off the same power setup. 

so do/will you use this setup for every show or just longer shows and festivals? how much does that pelican weigh with those batteries in it?

does the battery meter on the 722 still read fairly accurately?
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com