Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lets hear about Myteks AD  (Read 18986 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lets hear about Myteks AD
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 02:10:54 AM »
i just got my lithium at walmart

the cable i'm using was an old minime cable, but I have one of the first units, which actually came *without* a hole for the dc jack (manufacturer forgot to drill it) so michal made one himself...

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 05:36:25 AM »
i just got my lithium at walmart

the cable i'm using was an old minime cable, but I have one of the first units, which actually came *without* a hole for the dc jack (manufacturer forgot to drill it) so michal made one himself...

Ah, thas right , I remember you mentioning that before. Thanks again.

Teddy

RebelRebel

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 04:31:37 PM »

DSD version retaining 24/192 PCM capability will be out after new year.

Too bad iit cant be dc powered . I asked about it yesterday when I called to ask him some other questions. Looks like the 192 will still be the only DC unit...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:38:24 PM by Teddy »

RebelRebel

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »
the DPAs are  low sensitivity. I ran the brick and gefells with the mytek and never had an issue, even with some acoustic solo instruments that werent amplified. no, the meters arent why one would purchase it , for sure...but the sound is very much worth it. With PA music , the gefells, etc..you shouldnt have any problems, Tim.

so the consensus on the metering is that it sucks?  it looks about the same as the ua5 with it's -3, 0 lights.  i am thinking about selling my v3 and picking up one of these and would be running psp2>mytek>671.  the psp2 outputs at a minimum ~20 dB and then +6 and +12 after that.  would i be getting enough gain with this setup and my mics?  i noticed that scott wasn't getting enough with a pair of dpa's is why i ask.  i own gefells, sp c4s, naks, and soon a pair of p48 active modded teacs (rebranded naks).

RebelRebel

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:16 PM »
I Loved everything about that setup, Tim. No complaints. Ill post a show on the NY tracker or B+P you a show of some PA stuff with that setup.If I have it my way,,,that exact setup will make its way back to me somehow.  >:D I had to sell to pick up some schoeps omnis for the classical stuff I record, which is way more abundant than secular/rock/alternative concerts here.. Damn expensive, those things.  :-\
the DPAs are  low sensitivity. I ran the brick and gefells with the mytek and never had an issue, even with some acoustic solo instruments that werent amplified. no, the meters arent why one would purchase it , for sure...but the sound is very much worth it. With PA music , the gefells, etc..you shouldnt have any problems, Tim.

yea, i figured i'd be ok with phantom powered mics...........

i don't really no what to stick behind the mytek to get solid metering besides the 671.   :hmmm:

what didn't you like about the brick>mytek setup?  that is essentially what i'm running if i go psp2>mytek

Offline 284201

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2006, 03:41:21 AM »
so the consensus on the metering is that it sucks?

It's pretty much the same as on my old MME, and that was useable.  Between that and getting familiar with the MT, it's totally fine.  Keep in mind, you won't be able to use your JB3 anymore.  Unless, of course, you dig truncation.

Teddy - what's the situation with your dealer?  A little birdie told me they were backordered...

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2006, 06:50:43 AM »
now i'm confused after all of this talk about the mytek and the V3...
can the V3 output 24-bit or just 16?  or both?
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 (coax out) > M-Audio Microtrack
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 > MacBook Pro

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2006, 07:04:11 AM »

V3's A/D can output either 24 bit (ANSR off) or 16 bit signal (ANSR on).  What Scott Brown and others are doing is passing the Mytek an Analog signal (via XLR's) from the V3 and using the Mytek's A/D instead of the V3's.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:05:59 AM by bhadella »
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2006, 07:15:58 AM »

V3's A/D can output either 24 bit (ANSR off) or 16 bit signal (ANSR on).  What Scott Brown and others are doing is passing the Mytek an Analog signal (via XLR's) from the V3 and using the Mytek's A/D instead of the V3's.

thanks for the clarification!
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 (coax out) > M-Audio Microtrack
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 > MacBook Pro

RebelRebel

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2006, 07:30:33 AM »
so the consensus on the metering is that it sucks?

It's pretty much the same as on my old MME, and that was useable.  Between that and getting familiar with the MT, it's totally fine.  Keep in mind, you won't be able to use your JB3 anymore.  Unless, of course, you dig truncation.

Teddy - what's the situation with your dealer?  A little birdie told me they were backordered...

After paying the dealer , since they are assembled in poland I get all mine direct from poland instead of taking an extra shipping step. Poland is EU like germany so no customs nonsense.

Teddy

RebelRebel

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 09:23:10 PM »
eaa. without a doubt.  ;D

I like it much better than the grace.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »
What Scott Brown and others are doing is passing the Mytek an Analog signal (via XLR's) from the V3 and using the Mytek's A/D instead of the V3's.

yeah ever since i heard the mytek, the v3's just been a preamp for me...

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2006, 05:04:06 AM »
Just curious, but has anyone ran the Mytek Stereo 96? (http://www.macmidimusic.com/prod.itml/icOid/5850)

All the talk here seems to center on the 192. They seem to be the exact same, only the 96 can do 16 bit as well, and only goes up to 24/96, not 24/192....oh yeah, it's also $400 cheaper.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline 284201

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006, 05:11:46 AM »
Just curious, but has anyone ran the Mytek Stereo 96? (http://www.macmidimusic.com/prod.itml/icOid/5850)

All the talk here seems to center on the 192. They seem to be the exact same, only the 96 can do 16 bit as well, and only goes up to 24/96, not 24/192....oh yeah, it's also $400 cheaper.

No battery power.

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2006, 05:29:04 AM »
has anyone compared a mytek 192 to a Benchmark AD2402-96 aka sonic ad2k ? 

has anyone ever run v3 > benchmark/sonic ad2k+ ? 

<edit>

I didn't know benchmark was based out of syracuse, 1/2 hour away from me!

Benchmark Media Systems, Inc.
    5925 Court Street Road
    Syracuse, NY 13206-1707

good question;

i have compared the new adc-1 with the lavry blue.

the benchmark unit is very detailed both in terms of HF details and low en details (including the room aspect)

the adc-1 is the perfect tapers adc in theory , as it has full scale metering, 3 gain stage setting!!!! and full routing possibilities and back up.

the only sad part is....it's AC powered.

for me and us at half-cast studios it was slightly more hifi than the lavry blue.

the bencmark adc-1 also soft clips which is also cool for us

thanks for prolyd oslo for testing the unit.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com