Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Converting .shn to flac; .ape on FiiO x3?  (Read 2886 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Converting .shn to flac; .ape on FiiO x3?
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
So, two questions for someone who is interested in helping me out. 

I would like to load some Kimock and SCI shows from 2000/2001 that are in .shn format on my FiiO x3.  Running a older Macbook.  Any suggestions on how to convert the files to flac?  Will the files play gapless in the x3 once converted--I'm hoping drop .shns in and get flac's out.

Another issues I have.  .ape files.  I have a killer Dan Heend 24 bit Kimock show in .ape files but the x3 doesn't recognize the file--it will recognize a different band/show that is .ape.  How can I convert this show so I can add it to my collection on the x3?
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Converting .shn to flac; .ape on FiiO x3?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »
looks like scott brown's xact will handle both for you -- http://xact.scottcbrown.org

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »
Thank you for that.  Very nice piece of software.

I have a workflow that is now working well with concerts I want on the X3 in flac format.

I was unable to convert the .ape files though. 

I received a bunch of 24 bit stuff from Jamie Lutch a long time ago and was recently digging through this stuff.  Some Phish, SCI and the one Kimock from Dan Heend's rig in .ape format.  I can play it on my laptop but can't convert it for some reason.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

I have a workflow that is now working well with concerts I want on the X3 in flac format.

I received a bunch of 24 bit stuff from Jamie Lutch a long time ago and was recently digging through this stuff.  Some Phish, SCI and the one Kimock from Dan Heend's rig in .ape format.  I can play it on my laptop but can't convert it for some reason.

what happens when you try to convert the .ape files in xACT?

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »
have you tried xld? http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

It's another program use for format converting and secure cd ripping on macos, but doesn't do shorten (seems to convert ape tho).  If you're still stuck and have bandwidth, PM me, happy to give you access to my synology server.  You can upload the ape stuff to me and know I can convert these on my windowze box with foobar 2000. 

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »

what happens when you try to convert the .ape files in xACT?

I get this message:

--- Monkey's Audio Console Front End (v 3.99) (c) Matthew T. Ashland ---
Decompressing...

Error: -1

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
have you tried xld? http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

It's another program use for format converting and secure cd ripping on macos, but doesn't do shorten (seems to convert ape tho).  If you're still stuck and have bandwidth, PM me, happy to give you access to my synology server.  You can upload the ape stuff to me and know I can convert these on my windowze box with foobar 2000.

Sent you a PM.  Thanks  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com