Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Recorder Sony PCM-D10  (Read 40868 times)

Offline meursault

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: New Recorder Sony PCM-D10
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 05:43:05 AM »
Does it record a second file at lower rec level for safety for accidental loudness distortions?

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »

Offline b_curl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2019, 05:33:23 AM »
Hmm, I've got a PCM-M10 brand new in it's box that i've had as a back up for when my current one dies. I might have to think about selling it before this new one comes out.

Offline adrianb

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »
Hmm, I've got a PCM-M10 brand new in it's box that i've had as a back up for when my current one dies. I might have to think about selling it before this new one comes out.

You might want to wait until you know how snugly the D10 fits in your jeans pocket before you sell your M10. :)
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline gewwang

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:10 AM »

You might want to wait until you know how snugly the D10 fits in your jeans pocket before you sell your M10. :)

i’m planning to attach it to a lanyard and hang it around my neck while stealthing. with the phone app, you don’t have to take it out for any reason - unlike the m10.

Offline adrianb

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2019, 03:31:57 PM »
i’m planning to attach it to a lanyard and hang it around my neck while stealthing. with the phone app, you don’t have to take it out for any reason - unlike the m10.

You could do that ... but maybe it would be more stealth like with the A10 ?

:)
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2019, 06:06:21 PM »
but maybe it would be more stealth like with the A10 ?

Not once you add in a phantom power supply...

Offline gewwang

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
but maybe it would be more stealth like with the A10 ?

Not once you add in a phantom power supply...

I've preordered the D10. Once I get it, I'll compare the sax>A10 vs going direct into the D10 and will then sell the A10 if the Sony pre sounds better than the sax. I have high hopes for the D10. I don't believe they've had a recorder with preamp and 48V phantom since the D10pro DAT recorder.

ThePiedPiper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 02:12:30 AM »
I know this sounds like a Christmas Wishlist, but this is everything I am wanting minus the size. I wish there was an option for "with" and "without" XLR inputs which would cut the size about 40%. The rest is (FOR ME) perfect. I love being able to change batteries when needed, the MIC/LINE switch and everything else. It's just not anything remotely close to being stealthy.

I miss the PCM-M10 badly. I had three of them and sold them all (on here) and I'm regretting it more and more.

Online unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:04 AM »
I know this sounds like a Christmas Wishlist, but this is everything I am wanting minus the size. I wish there was an option for "with" and "without" XLR inputs which would cut the size about 40%. The rest is (FOR ME) perfect. I love being able to change batteries when needed, the MIC/LINE switch and everything else. It's just not anything remotely close to being stealthy.

I miss the PCM-M10 badly. I had three of them and sold them all (on here) and I'm regretting it more and more.

I love the M-10.  There are a couple for sale in the Yard Sale.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2019, 08:46:21 AM »

For the "without" option, how does a TASCAM DR-22WL look in comparison?  I don't know enough about this new SONY machine.

DR-22WL is pretty small, and with adding a 20dB attenuator cable you can take a hot SBD, too.

It uses 2 AA's.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Sa da tay!
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 08:50:59 AM »

For the "without" option, how does a TASCAM DR-22WL look in comparison?  I don't know enough about this new SONY machine.

DR-22WL is pretty small, and with adding a 20dB attenuator cable you can take a hot SBD, too.

It uses 2 AA's.

I haven't used my DR-22WL much and it is on loan now, but I have had great luck with the other tiny Tascams (DR-05, DR-07, DR-08). The DR-22WL will be my choice if I ever stealth again.
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »

It uses 2 AA's.
I haven't used my DR-22WL much and it is on loan now, but I have had great luck with the other tiny Tascams (DR-05, DR-07, DR-08). The DR-22WL will be my choice if I ever stealth again.

Are there particular features of the 22wl that lead you to prefer it to the 05?
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »

It uses 2 AA's.

Are there particular features of the 22wl that lead you to prefer it to the 05?

I wouldn't know the difference, ycoop, I don't have experience with portables other than the DR-22WL.  I like that the DR-22WL has cardioid mics, and wi-fi.  I can power it with a small external Li battery all day at a festy, too.

I made a table-top recording at Ardmore, mounted it on a 3" tripod, that came out great..

https://archive.org/details/TheSkatalites2017-02-23.capnhook.flac16

You can contrast that recording with the full matrix recording that I mixed later..

https://archive.org/details/TheSkatalites2017-02-23.matrix.flac16
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
I'm holding out for one of these
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com