Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: # of seats in phish's TS?  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
# of seats in phish's TS?
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »
I'd imagine the number would vary each night, but how many taper tickets do you think they offer for say a 15,000 seat venue? 

I went with "taper preferred" for my mail order requests..
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: # of seats in phish's TS?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
FOB ... FOB ... FOB
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline nedstruzz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
Its used to be the first two or three rows directly behind the SBD.

30-45 seats.
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

Offline halleyscomet8

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:26:20 PM »

30-45 seats.

ok, and how many tapers request per show? just trying to do some odds. they may be better as taper preferred than regular.
my shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/halleyscomet8
And, yes, I know I suck about getting stuff circulated.  ;)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »

30-45 seats.

ok, and how many tapers request per show? just trying to do some odds. they may be better as taper preferred than regular.

the odds should be better as there are more seats to be requested by going after any seats (inc taping seats). Not much difference, but there is one.

I'd be interested to see how many people use that logic and put in for tapers tix when they don't have any intention of taping....
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline halleyscomet8

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »

30-45 seats.

the odds should be better as there are more seats to be requested by going after any seats (inc taping seats). Not much difference, but there is one.

I'd be interested to see how many people use that logic and put in for tapers tix when they don't have any intention of taping....

i had the same thought as i typed that. just thinking of my odds for asheville vs. st. louis. this will be my first time taping phish so these are all new thoughts to me.
my shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/halleyscomet8
And, yes, I know I suck about getting stuff circulated.  ;)

Offline taylorc

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
Haven't ordered ph taper's tickets since 2000, but there was a time (seemed to have peaked summer '99) where taper's tickets were a hot commodity.  Lots of folks shut out.

Did taper preferred for all but Bonner Springs in summer '99, got 0 taper's tickets but mostly lower section pavilions... traded them for taper's tickets.

Offline J.Maye

• Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »

30-45 seats.

How pissed would it make you if somoeone had tapers tix but no rig? If it was just a regular wook?
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline taylorc

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
How pissed would it make you if somoeone had tapers tix but no rig? If it was just a regular wook?

used to happen all the time... patchers would do it to either insure getting their deck in or simply to get a patch.  agreed to patch some fella's D8 all summer in '00 as part of a trade for his taper's tickets  ::)

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
between 97 and 2000 every once in a while somebody would show up and want their seats, and they would not be taping or patching.   My answer was, I will go get Bart and you can explain to him why you have tapers seats and had no intentions to tape.  That always seemed to get them to be on their way.  In the sheds we had what I thought was the best seats int he house. 
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

wklitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
I used to have a good chuckle at the amount of Dead taper tickets taken up by patchers.

Offline nedstruzz

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 05:30:01 PM »
As a patcher through the late 90's I always requested 2 taper tickets and always got them.  I would then find someone online with Scheops or B&K's and then trade one of the taper tickets to ensure a good patch rig. 

I also thought the taper section in the sheds was the best place to be for a whole lot of different reasons!!!
B&K 4023's >Neve Portico>744T

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
FOB ... FOB ... FOB

yeah, but you need a "taper ticket" to get gear in the door, no?
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 06:58:14 PM »
I also thought the taper section in the sheds was the best place to be for a whole lot of different reasons!!!

8)
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline run_run_run

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »
FOB ... FOB ... FOB

Jedi Tricks, friends in the section..........

Offline Myco

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
FOB ... FOB ... FOB

You absolutely correct sir.  ;)
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 08:39:54 PM »

used to happen all the time... patchers would do it to either insure getting their deck in or simply to get a patch.  agreed to patch some fella's D8 all summer in '00 as part of a trade for his taper's tickets  ::)

I an into this quite a bit during the summer of 2000 as well. I kept running into people who were not even patchers who had ordered taper tickets - these characters were especially aggravating because they simply did not get it and would 'not' give the tickets up, even when the trade was for better seats than they held.

Meadows Music Theater comes to mind - this dude had a pair of tapers and he was on the fence but I was pretty sure I was going to get them, but his girlfriend quickly put an end to that.

Got my gear in for all that I went to, but that tour was the toughest by far...   
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline spankee02

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 05:14:22 AM »
I missed the pre sale. R taper tix avail thru live nation on regular on sale date, or anywhere else?signed...slacker

Offline johnw

• My cd List
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »
Sorry but the only taper tickets available were through Music today. That said, the GA shows (Hampton and Asheville only I think at this point) do not require taper tickets.

IMO ordering taper tickets with the intention of patching or just to better your odds of getting in is pretty weak. If you want to patch, bring a compact flash card and find someone with a Sound Devices recorder. Or there is the old carry in. Even if the event security cared (which I dont think they would) a compact flash card would be cake to bring in.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com