Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR-680 battery options  (Read 17669 times)

Offline groovon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • rolling tape since 1963
Re: DR-680 battery options
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 01:55:03 PM »
My 680 is still on backorder so I don't have it yet to test it out, but I'm planning on using this battery with it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330391162265

I ordered mine on 4/30, and it arrived on 5/13.  <Two weeks from China, including order processing time is pretty good.  $35 shipped for a 6500mAh 12v li-ion battery is a great deal I think.  And man is it small and light!  Compared to a 12v 6 Amp-hr SLA battery, hoo boy what a change from the old days of lead!

I have no idea if the output connector will fit the 680, but I imagine I'll have to change it out.  But so far this battery looks like it could be a winner.

Hey Todd, how is that chinese/hooboy Lithium battery turning out? Any problems charging it fully (or blowing it up!)? What are it's dimensions, BTW? Hope you had good luck with it, you can't beat the price.

cheers!
Dave

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
Just a heads up that the latest 9V DVD batteries I bought a couple years back included the a cable and the correct RA adaptor for the DR680, so no need for me to build a custom one.  Right on.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
Go to ebay and search for sale #   280641111464 This is a  6800mah Li
Battery  I think this would work out of the box.  It is cheap but it IS in
Hong Kong... (puts us all on a level field) I'm going to try it....    Brian
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline asobriquet

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection Member
  • electronic ears connected to an electronic memory
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
Go to ebay and search for sale #   280641111464 This is a  6800mah Li
Battery  I think this would work out of the box.  It is cheap but it IS in
Hong Kong... (puts us all on a level field) I'm going to try it....    Brian

I bought one of these for my DR680, but didn't get to try it because it arrived DOA.  Afterwards, I decided to go with one of the 5v/9v/12v ones available on ebay and have been happy with it. The included cable, while short, has a connector that fits the dr-680.
Mics: SP LSD2, AKG CK-61,62 & 63, Naiant AKG active couplings x4 (TB cable/PFA), DPA 4061, Avantone CK1 (card, hyper and omni caps), Sony ECM717
Pres: AKG Tinybox, CA Ugly Pre, BM2P+ UA-5, Busman T-Mod UA-5, CA Ugly BB
Recorders: Busman mod Tascam DR-680, stock Tascam DR-680 (x2), Tascam DR-2D (x4), Sony PCM A10

https://archive.org/details/@dave_id

Offline bobbygeeWOW

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
for what its worth, when I was figuring out how to power my expanding 8-channel rig, I checked the voltage ranges of my gear and noticed that they all have 12V in common.
Conveniently I already had a 10-14-88 batterygeek that seems to runs my rig for ever :)
Originally I considered making a proper DIN rail for power distribution contained in a little box, but to save on size and weight I instead made a breakout cable that terminates in a standard little DC plug on the power input side.

I then took a quality little 5A 12V power supply, attached a DC socket to the output, and zip-tied it to a little high quality two-socket surge suppressor/notch filter.

This way the gear stays permanently plugged into the breakout cable and I can choose between plugging everything directly into the battery or into the little power supply/surge suppressor/notch filter when I'm using house power.

Offline sdog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 09:01:50 AM »
I know this topic is a little old, but I think this question is probably more relevant to this thread than a new one. Maybe?

The specs above from Tascam state 8V-13V for input. A lot of the simple Lithium-Ion battery packs (like the NP-1 style) are at 14.4V. Is anyone running the DR-680 off of a 14.4V Li-ion? Any ill side effects from the slightly-higher-than-rated voltage?

Thanks!

Offline digging90650

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Deep Owl. sound • light • camera
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
Conveniently I already had a 10-14-88 batterygeek that seems to runs my rig for ever :)
Originally I considered making a proper DIN rail for power distribution contained in a little box, but to save on size and weight I instead made a breakout cable that terminates in a standard little DC plug on the power input side.
Just found this post that says you made your breakout cable.  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.174 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com