Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Old Eco-Charge setup  (Read 2697 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Old Eco-Charge setup
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
Remember the Old Eco Charge 12 SLA battery systems?  Used to popular back in the day.  So I had one laying around.  Well actually part of one.  The canvas outer bag it came with is long gone and so is the charger.  I did have the battery and the top that came on those batteries.  The battery was dead, who knows how long ago it was made.  I recently got another battery given to me.  Still in good shape.  With all this concern about powering the Tascam DR-680 and it's possible bad outcomes, I got to thinking about using the SAL for power, but they are heavy.  Then I considered the fact I was taking out between four and five DVD batteries to power everything. So, I decided to set up the ecocharge system to be able to power a V3, 2-680's and an MP-2 at the same time.  Then I added some locking "M" style connectors for future use and a "B" size connector to be able to use my existing DVD battery cables.  I also added a short jump if I wanted to run the battery further away from the gear.  All in all it came out pretty sweet and will be perfect for any long days recording when I need dependable battery power.  Then Again I might even consider selling it since I will have at least three DVD batteries in the 10,000mAh range. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:08:00 PM by kirkd »

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Old Eco-Charge setup
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
The old Eco-Charge batteries where only 7.0 to 7.5 Ah so I don't think you would be able to run all you have list for much more than a two hours (maybe a bit more with an fully charged ideal battery) - you may be pushing it a little close

V3 pulls about 1A
DR-680 about 1A each - if you are using phantom on some channels and all channels recording
MP-2 maybe 300mA

2.12 to 2.27 hours max depending on the rating of the battery
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:41:57 PM by H₂O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Old Eco-Charge setup
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
I would still prefer to carry a dozen DVD batteries over a SLA in my gear bag  :-X
I generally carry 4-5 DVD batteries with me as well for redundancy and sometimes with enough power to even help
charge/run someones elses gear.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com