Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I love my Standard Poodle Puppy...except when she chews up my Headphones...  (Read 11892 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA

Madeline is 11 months old...that is her the innocent looking black puppy beside her toy basket...

So...what do I ask for Xmas to replace them...These were Klipsch Headphones the family gave me last year...I guess it was a hint I was playing the old Advent 6003's I rebuilt too loud...they were efficient but bass heavy for my liking...

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm version for open back...  as with all beyers there is a warning tho they need a break in period after that... they are rockin good.

BeyerDynamic DT770 250 ohm versions for closed backs.  same holds true as above.  Bass lovers delight.

AudioTechnica ATM-50 closed backs....   I have heard good reivews on these phones as well.  very efficent too.. 32 ohms...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

colinw

• Trade Count: (0)
The AudioTechnica ATM-50  are a great headphone.

I have the ATM-30 and I love them. You can find them at ridiculously cheap prices from time to time online. I picked up my pair for $25 and I consider it money well spent.

Sorry for your loss of headphones, but those dogs are awesome! Why chew a dog toy when there are delicious headphones to chew up????

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)

Madeline is 11 months old...that is her the innocent looking black puppy beside her toy basket...

So...what do I ask for Xmas to replace them...These were Klipsch Headphones the family gave me last year...I guess it was a hint I was playing the old Advent 6003's I rebuilt too loud...they were efficient but bass heavy for my liking...
Buy toys for your dog that he / she can chew on every time you see him or her chewing on something they should not give the dog the chew toy. My Golden retriever when he first came home he was a puppy and was chewing on my laptop cord. Gave him somthing else to chew on problem solved.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline 404 Not Found

• Taperssection Member
All that is going through my head after reading the this form topic is:  The Poodle Bites, The Poodle Chews it!  Perhaps it was the poodles homage to the 20th anniversary of Frank Zappa's passing?

That honestly sucks though...my pup did that yrs ago to my AKG's which had been a gift, so I feel your pain in some ways. Sennheiser is still running a sale on all their headphones still....I think? GL!
Recorders: Alesis HD24XR | Marantz PMD661 (Oade Warm Mod) | Sound Devices 552 |Zoom F8 | Zoom H6
Pre-Amp/Mic Mixers/PS: Sound Devices 552 | Sound Devices MixPre-D | Shure FP33 | Audix APS911's | Audio Technica AT8501
Mics: Telefunken M60 FET MP/TK62's  | Miktek C5 MP's | Neumann  KM100/AK40's AK43's AK45's | Audix M1255B's | Audix M1280B's | Sennheiser K3-U/ME-20's 40's & 80's | Shure VP88
Stands-Poles: Manfrotto 3361 (8') | Manfrotto 1004BAC (13') | K-Tek KE79CC Traveler Boom Pole (1.8 - 6.7' )| K-Tek KEG150CCR Carbon fiber boom pole (12.6')

LMA: https://archive.org/bookmarks/Adam%20Axel

Team Philly!

***Team Telefunken***

stevetoney

It can only be one of two things;  either Fluffy likes your music and doesn't you being the only one to enjoy i it , or Fluffy hates your music and this is her way of telling you you're next.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
All that is going through my head after reading the this form topic is:  The Poodle Bites, The Poodle Chews it!

Same thought here as I clicked the thread link.

My suggestion is to first decide if you prefer open or closed backed 'phones, usually determined by the environment in which you plan to use them in, and then make a choice from there.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
It can only be one of two things;  either Fluffy likes your music and doesn't you being the only one to enjoy i it , or Fluffy hates your music and this is her way of telling you you're next.

Or Fluffy thinks you spend too much time listening on the headphones which takes time and attention away from Fluffy.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
All that is going through my head after reading the this form topic is:  The Poodle Bites, The Poodle Chews it!  Perhaps it was the poodles homage to the 20th anniversary of Frank Zappa's passing?

Sharin' a braincell with ya on that one..!  :djsmilie:
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
LOL, thanks for the FZ laugh!

Regarding the OP's original question, another supporter here for the Audio-Technica ATH-M50.  I've had mine for over four years and find all the other monitor-type studio standards I've used (Sony 7506, AKG K240, Sennheiser HD280, etc) a distant second in comparison.  Accurate, comfortable and well-built.  Doesn't hurt that they're also very efficient (as OOK pointed out) so you can even use them with an iPod or other digital music player.  Highly recommended.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
Re: I love my Standard Poodle Puppy...except when she chews up my Headphones...
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
Way down in France...

Btw, I hear poodle ears make the best headphone lining.

http://www.militantesthetix.co.uk/ice-z/DOMIN.htm

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Another pair you might audition (if open back is OK): Grado SR225.

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »

Or Fluffy thinks you spend too much time listening on the headphones which takes time and attention away from Fluffy.

For the Too much information post...she was locked out of the Bedroom...for reasons that will remain undisclosed...it was her way of letting me know she was not happy with the situation...

>:D ;D :-* ;D >:D

Closed back...Leaning toward the ATH-M50

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline pohaku

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:09 PM »
I have both standard poodles and ATH-M50s and they coexist quite well.  Yeah, I think all the oriental rugs in the house are missing a corner after our last puppy.  The price of pet ownership I'm afraid.
Mics: akg c460 (ck61, ck63), c414buls, c568eb; at4049a, 4051a, 4053a, at853; josephson c42; neumann U87, km84i; beyer m130, m160, m500; aea r84; gefell m71, mt711s, m200, m201, um70S; sony c38; schoeps cmc6, CMBI (mk4, mk21, mk41, mk4v); sennheiser mkh30, mkh40, md421, md431, md541; audix m1290
Pres: API, a-designs, pendulum, purple, millennia TD-1 and HV-32P, gt, littlebox, tinybox, usbpre2, CA 9200, pipsqueak, grace V2, DAV BG1
Cables: KCY, CMR, Naiant AKG actives, PFAs, asst.  GAKables and Darktrain
Recorders/converters/monitors: dr680, m10, dr-2d, d50, zoom f8 & F8n pro, 788T SSD CL-8, lynx aurora 8, Neumann KH20

Yeah, I'm an attorney, but everyone needs a day job

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 03:48:51 AM »
Two ATH-M50 versions-
coiled cable version = in rec bag, poodle-like coils.
straight cable version = at home, poodle at foot.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 01:54:56 PM »
It just so happens I have been doing a lot of headphone research the last 6 months prior to buying my DT990.  I thought I would post the graphs of those headphones I could find that were mentioned in this thread and a couple of interest that aren't.  What I have come to understand through my research is Sennheiser has a rolled off treble sound, beyers have a bright treble sound, the ATHm-50 is well respected they stay true to the audio but could have a better sound stage.  One thing I also learned is most phones need a good 200 hours of straight break-in period before settling into there designed sound.  I first thought my Beyers were sharply bright but after about 150 hours it was like someone switched a light switch off and they were perfectly balanced to my taste.  I could go on but then that takes out all the fun of discovering for yourself...

Peace OOK 

AKG 240mk2

Audio Tech. ATH-M50 Graph:

Beyer DT990

Beyer DT880

Beyer DT770

Grado SR225

Senn. 280 pros - I have these don't waste your money...

Senn 558... I really want to try a pair of these.   I hear great things about them.

Sony 7506

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:24:43 PM by OOK »
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 10:06:24 AM »
FYI to all following this thread: Amazon has the ATH-M50 as a 'lightning deal' today for $120. I have no idea if this is a good price or not, but thought I'd pass it on:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073TP5YC/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1282_8f51599d?smid=A1M0GZGHL8F7T8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=1ARVHRS9GTXNRTF4SSNN&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1687041282

John

Edit to add: Oops, just noticed that this comes with a FiiO amp.

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 05:16:12 AM »
I think that you may want to first ask yourself what the application would be for the headphones. If it is for mastering, you would want something flat; if it is for listening, something with a little more euphonic coloration may be good. It's all personal preference.

The headband is falling apart on my ATH-M50s so I am also in the market for a replacement. I really, really like those headphones, but am searching to see what else is out there. I have read good reviews of Sennheiser Momentum headphones, and may take a look at the Sennheiser HD600 as well. I don't master too many recordings anymore so the Sennheisers may be a good choice. The Momentum is closed-back and the HD600 is open-back, so that is another variable as well. Finally, I could run the Momentum straight out of an iPod, while I would need an amplifier for the HD600. All things to consider when looking at headphones.

My main concern now is whether the double and triple price difference of the Momentum and HD600 over the M50 is worth it.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
Love my Senn HD650, but need new headband pads for them.  I wanted to check out the HD600 before I bought these years ago but didn't get the chance.  I hit up a Headphone meet with a recorder full of my recordings and a portable headphone amp to check out a bunch of different cans before buying, and got to listen to these and a bunch of other phones (other Senns, AKGs, Grados, Stax, Dennon, etc.) but no one had a pair of 600s or a few others I would have liked to hear like the Beyers.  That was a great opportunity to compare and decide what worked best for me.

Offline hoppedup

• Sa da tay!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
Today Sound Professionals has the ATH-M50 for $109.99 after $40 instant rebate: http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »
Not entirely related to this topic, but is Pete Carini working for Beyer now?

Just checking through the Beyer headphone site and noticed that a "Peter Carini" is listed as Sales Manager/Consumer and Aviation for North America.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/at-home/music-pleasure/dt-660-edition.html
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.128 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com