Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom H4N - corrupt file issue?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline RAQnasty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Zoom H4N - corrupt file issue?
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
I ran CA-14s (9000 preamp) into Zoom H4N saturday night.  Was my first run with the Zoom outside of a test run in the basement the night before.

I used a Sandisk 8 GB SDHC card - which I believe is the same card I did the test with, but now I am beginning to wonder if that isnt true.

I ran in 48/24 mode (Stereo mode) and at the end of the show, runtime was legit and matched the real time.  Batteries were still good, unit still running, etc.  Upon trying to play it back, nothing would happen.  file name just sat at the top, no time ticked off, but if I pressed other buttons unit said "now playing".

I took the SD card out the next day and put into my PC - under the STE folder 1, I had three files - two at max size (~2 GB) and one with no memory.  Computer recognizes them as wav files, however they wont play in any software including Audacity (and here there is no wav form shown, just a blank screen).

If I put the SD card into the Zoom sometimes it says "No Card", other times it shows the file names, but again wont play anything.

Really glad I ran two rigs this night and Zoom setup was my backup, but I dont have good feelings about this unit.  Is this a card compatibility issue?  Anyone ever experience this with the Zoom?  In 5 years, I have never had an issue with my Edirol like this.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com